I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! For the dinner menu, I tried out this cranberry muffin recipe and it is excellent! I purchased a bag of cranberries as I needed them for another recipe. Then I wondered what I was going to do with the rest of the bag. I did some research and found this recipe and luckily I had all the ingredients in the pantry. If you love a muffin with a lot of spices and chunky ingredients this recipe is for you! I got the recipe from Taste of Home and I made a few minor changes to the recipe. It is great for Thanksgiving and Christmas as another way to add cranberries to the menu and they are versatile. They make a great breakfast item to add to a buffet, they go nice with a cup of stew or soup, and are great if you are just looking for a snack! I like mine warm with a bit of butter but they are good on their own. I hope you enjoy them and I will definitely be making them again! What type of bread do you serve on Thanksgiving or Christmas with your main meal?

Cranberry Apple Carrot Muffins

Apple & Sugar Mixture:
2 cups chopped peeled apples – 1 large or 2 medium
1-1/3 cups sugar

Vegetables & Nuts:
1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Dry Ingredients:
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Spices:
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
¼ tsp cloves

In a bowl, combine apples and sugar; let stand for 10 minutes. Add cranberries, carrots, nuts, eggs and oil; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt; stir into apple mixture just until moistened. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.

Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. This recipe made 21 muffins but I did fill mine more than two-thirds full.

15 thoughts on “Chunky Cranberry Apple and Carrots Muffins

1. mihrank says:

Delicious! Just made these with the following substitutions: melted Coconut oil instead of canola oil, added 1/2 cup chopped walnuts and instead of milk used Coconut Dream milk. They turned excellent and very moist. It did not make 12 muffins, only 8, i guess you could get 12 if they were very small. Next time will do a double batch for sure in order to freeze some. Also used coconut oil to grease the tins.

I am so happy that you made and like the muffins. Plus I do love the changes you made. I need to try coconut oil – I know we have some for our popcorn machine. I will need to see if I can use that and I would like to try coconut dream milk. Sounds wonderful! My muffins were a bit smaller and next time I want to make mine larger – more dramatic! Another reader mentioned she would substitute oranges for the apples – another great idea.

2. Ingrid says:

I love making muffins and we usually eat them at breakfast. I’ve switched to using a combo of Almond and coconut flour. It’s been a learning curve finding the right wet to dry ratios. Hope you had a tasty Thanksgiving without the addition of more snow 🙂

I need to try almond and coconut flour – sounds interesting. Next year I want to try some different ingredients like this type of flour. Our Thanksgiving was great but yes we did get a bit more snow. Not a lot – a soft snow that is pretty – but after 6 1/2 feet of snow we were not in the mood to see any snow. 🙂

3. Yummy. I haven’t made these yet, but know they will be delicious. Perfect for a cold winter morning. I’m salivating already. 🙂

They were really good. You could also use different fruits and experiment.

1. As I always manage to do over time. 🙂

4. chefceaser says:

Reblogged this on Chef Ceaser.

Thank you! I hope you and your readers enjoy this delicious muffin!!

5. Sheryl says:

The muffins look delicious–and I’m impressed that you found a Thanksgiving plate to put them on. I really wanted to buy a Thanksgiving or Fall themed cookie tin a few weeks ago–and looked in many stores for one. All I could find were Christmas items. It seemed like the stores (except for very small displays of paper goods) totally skipped stocking items for Thanksgiving this year.

I bought that plate last year. I know what you mean about finding Thanksgiving items. I tend to do well at Bon Ton. I get a lot of fall decorations at their department store. I got some real nice small tea light Thanksgiving candle holders at Bon Ton. They looked really nice at dinner – one for each person.

6. Could you please pass me one of these to have with my cup of coffee in the morning?

ha ha. I wish I could! They were delicious and fun to eat!!