I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! For the dinner menu, I tried out this cranberry muffin recipe and it is excellent! I purchased a bag of cranberries as I needed them for another recipe. Then I wondered what I was going to do with the rest of the bag. I did some research and found this recipe and luckily I had all the ingredients in the pantry. If you love a muffin with a lot of spices and chunky ingredients this recipe is for you! I got the recipe from Taste of Home and I made a few minor changes to the recipe. It is great for Thanksgiving and Christmas as another way to add cranberries to the menu and they are versatile. They make a great breakfast item to add to a buffet, they go nice with a cup of stew or soup, and are great if you are just looking for a snack! I like mine warm with a bit of butter but they are good on their own. I hope you enjoy them and I will definitely be making them again! What type of bread do you serve on Thanksgiving or Christmas with your main meal?

Cranberry Apple Carrot Muffins

Apple & Sugar Mixture:
2 cups chopped peeled apples – 1 large or 2 medium
1-1/3 cups sugar

Vegetables & Nuts:
1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Dry Ingredients:
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Spices:
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
¼ tsp cloves

In a bowl, combine apples and sugar; let stand for 10 minutes. Add cranberries, carrots, nuts, eggs and oil; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt; stir into apple mixture just until moistened. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.

Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. This recipe made 21 muffins but I did fill mine more than two-thirds full.

15 thoughts on “Chunky Cranberry Apple and Carrots Muffins

1. mihrank says:

Delicious! Just made these with the following substitutions: melted Coconut oil instead of canola oil, added 1/2 cup chopped walnuts and instead of milk used Coconut Dream milk. They turned excellent and very moist. It did not make 12 muffins, only 8, i guess you could get 12 if they were very small. Next time will do a double batch for sure in order to freeze some. Also used coconut oil to grease the tins.

I am so happy that you made and like the muffins. Plus I do love the changes you made. I need to try coconut oil – I know we have some for our popcorn machine. I will need to see if I can use that and I would like to try coconut dream milk. Sounds wonderful! My muffins were a bit smaller and next time I want to make mine larger – more dramatic! Another reader mentioned she would substitute oranges for the apples – another great idea.

2. Ingrid says:

I love making muffins and we usually eat them at breakfast. I’ve switched to using a combo of Almond and coconut flour. It’s been a learning curve finding the right wet to dry ratios. Hope you had a tasty Thanksgiving without the addition of more snow 🙂

I need to try almond and coconut flour – sounds interesting. Next year I want to try some different ingredients like this type of flour. Our Thanksgiving was great but yes we did get a bit more snow. Not a lot – a soft snow that is pretty – but after 6 1/2 feet of snow we were not in the mood to see any snow. 🙂

3. Yummy. I haven’t made these yet, but know they will be delicious. Perfect for a cold winter morning. I’m salivating already. 🙂

They were really good. You could also use different fruits and experiment.

1. As I always manage to do over time. 🙂

4. chefceaser says:

Reblogged this on Chef Ceaser.

Thank you! I hope you and your readers enjoy this delicious muffin!!

5. Sheryl says:

The muffins look delicious–and I’m impressed that you found a Thanksgiving plate to put them on. I really wanted to buy a Thanksgiving or Fall themed cookie tin a few weeks ago–and looked in many stores for one. All I could find were Christmas items. It seemed like the stores (except for very small displays of paper goods) totally skipped stocking items for Thanksgiving this year.

I bought that plate last year. I know what you mean about finding Thanksgiving items. I tend to do well at Bon Ton. I get a lot of fall decorations at their department store. I got some real nice small tea light Thanksgiving candle holders at Bon Ton. They looked really nice at dinner – one for each person.

6. Could you please pass me one of these to have with my cup of coffee in the morning?

ha ha. I wish I could! They were delicious and fun to eat!!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Joann's Food For Thought

Home cooking recipes that fill your belly and feed your soul.

Bakemama

baking, cooking, trying to hold it all together

Pams Bake and Baby Blog

Family life and baking

The Great Kiwi Baking Blog

a Yank chef; classic Kiwi bakes.

offthewheatenpathtt.wordpress.com/

A Path of Eating...Healthy & Gluten Free - Food Blog & more.

La Retro Recipe

vintage recipes served fresh

Alexyss Rubjerg

Beauty & Fashion Lover, Blogging my Life

Bloomilycious

Helping people achieve nutrition and lifestyle goals through wholesome foods and healthy habits

Jen's Food Blog

My recipes & eating out experiences in Yorkshire (and beyond)