Is everyone dreaming of recipes for their holidays menus – whether they are old favorite recipes that have sentimental memories or looking for new recipes to blend in with the favorites! This baked asparagus is a simple recipe to assemble and with the blend of soy sauce and balsamic vinegar it is a yummy way to add a vegetable to your dinner menu! And we all need a few simple recipes to work into our dinner menu. I hope you enjoy this easy to make recipe!

Through a closed Facebook group I have a “No Gain Holiday” challenge for those interested in maintaining their weight through the holidays. We are sharing healthy recipes and daily encouragement! Presently I am on my fourth round of the 21-day challenge and I wanted to share a few pictures of the food that I have been enjoying lately! One of my favorites is a chopped Baby Spinach Salad that I top with a flavored BV to eliminate adding olive oil. Just delicious!
Baby Spinach Chopped Salad

A new Shakeology that I tried: Creamsicle – yummy!
Creamsicle

Ingredients
Asparagus, washed and ends snapped off
Grapeseed Oil
Salt and Pepper, freshly crushed
1 tbsp. Butter
1 tbsp. Soy Sauce, low-sodium
1 1/2 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar

Preparation
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Shake the asparagus with a little Grapeseed oil and then season with freshly crushed salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, for about 15 minutes, or until tender.

In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar and continue to simmer. Drizzle over the baked asparagus just before serving.

16 thoughts on “Baked Asparagus with a Balsamic Soy Sauce

1. It’s a winner! πŸ˜‹

Thank you! Sometimes the simple dishes are the best!

1. I agree completely. Simple dishes are also the hardest to master.

Yes, sometimes they are since with less ingredients everything must come together perfectly. Good observation. πŸ™‚

3. Precisely!! You know what I’m talking about πŸ˜„

2. Sophie33 says:

A lovely tasty recipe, I believe. mmmmmmmm!
    By the way: you look great & cool! πŸ˜€

Thank you! I adore Balsamic! It was a great recipe! πŸ™‚

3. The thing that amazes me is that when you remove some of the real junk from your diet that you start to taste what you are eating and how good it can really is…Best of luck on your challenge.

Thank you! And I so agree. As you remove more and more of the processed foods you find you no longer enjoy those foods. I try to eat clean 80% of the time. So far the challenge is going well! I lost 21 inches and pounds. Plus I have more energy and am stronger. I attribute some of that to drinking Shakeology every day. Hope you are doing well and have a great Thanksgiving!

4. The salad looks awesome. πŸ™‚

Thank you! It was wonderful and easy to make. πŸ™‚

5. Sheryl says:

The recipe looks wonderful—and the perfect antidote to some of the rich and heavy foods that I’m sure I’ll eat over the holidays. πŸ™‚

Oh yes, we always need few healthy alternatives!!

6. Alok Singhal says:

This looks like an amazing recipe. Enjoy the festivities!

Thank you! It is a great side dish that is easy to make and is delish!