Today is day 6 of the 21-Day Challenge! I have been eating clean all week with the exception of a small piece of ice cream cake for a co-worker’s birthday. By keeping the portion small I could join in the celebration without adding too many calories! Monday through Thursday included a 30-minute workout: Total Body Cardio Fix, Upper Fix, Lower Fix, and Pilates Fix. The workouts were tough and I often have to follow the modified version but I feel stronger each and every day!

21-day-fix-workouts

Friday was 10-minute Fix for ABS and rest. But I added a 60-minute walk on the treadmill to burn another 200-calories. Today is a rest day but some of us in my challenge group are doing a bonus intense 15-minute workout and then I will add something else maybe CIZE or T-25. Today I am sharing a healthy recipe for a Zucchini and Walnut Bread that is an approved snack as part of the 21-Day Fix. But first I want to share today’s breakfast and lunch. Breakfast was a wonderful Chocolate Shakeology with Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, a small banana, 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa, and 1 scoop of Vanilla Shakeology powder. I blend it in my Ninja and I have a healthy breakfast to start my day!

Banana and Almond Shakeology in Shakeology Shaker

For lunch I had a simple but delicious Baby Spinach Salad with strawberries, pecans topped with Macadamia Nut Oil and Balsamic Vinegar. I added 1 whole hard boiled egg and 3 hard boiled egg whites. I absolutely love this salad! My preference is a nut oil over olive oil for a salad.

Spinach Strawberry salad

Do you enjoy muffins? This recipe is part of the 21-Day Fix plan as a snack!! I got this recipe from Beachbody and if you are doing the 21-Day Fix you will want to refer to their recipe to ensure your ingredients are correct for the container conversion. Click here for the official Beachbody recipe.

I like to make this ahead, cut it into 20-slices (the approved serving), wrap tightly with saran wrap and then freeze. I prepare my lunch ingredients the night before and I take a serving out of the freezer to work into my food plan.

Zucchini and Walnut Bread - sliced and ready for the freezer

I use unrefined coconut oil since it has a smoke point of 350 degrees that is perfect for this recipe. Unrefined coconut oil is made from coconut meat and goes through a quicker process than refined coconut retaining the coconut flavor. Refined coconut oil has a smoke point of 450. For more information click here.

Zucchini and Walnut Bread - out of the oven

Zucchini and Walnut Bread - out of the pan
Dry Ingredients:
1/3 cup sugar
¾ cups all-purpose flour
1¾ cups whole-wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
¾ tsp. sea salt
1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cloves

Wet Ingredients:
6 large egg whites
¼ cup melted coconut oil
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tsp. vanilla extract

Other Ingredients:
Nonstick cooking spray
2½ cups grated zucchini
½ cup chopped raw walnuts

Preparation:
Preheat your oven to 350 and lightly spray two 9×5-inch loaf pans with a non-stick spray and flour.

Combine your wet and dry ingredients in two different bowls. Slowly add and mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Then fold in the zucchini and walnuts. Divide the batter between the two prepared pans and bake for about 45-minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean. Cool for a few minutes, remove the bread from the pan and completely cool. Then divide it into 20-slices to get ready for your 21-Day Challenge!!

10 thoughts on “Zucchini and Walnut Bread (21-Day Fix Beachbody)

1. donna213 says:

I love zucchini bread and this looks a tad healthier than I make it. Need to look after my health too.

It is delicious – very moist! I have more healthy recipes to share. The 21-Day Challenge is helping me put my overall health first and I am loving exploring new recipes! 🙂

2. laflor5233 says:

You’re doing great, keep going. My version of zucchini banana bread is not healthy at all, so I might try this one.

This version is awesome!! Very moist and delicious!!

3. Alok Singhal says:

Wow, that’s so great to know – eating healthy through a challenge! I would have loved to try a few recipes from your post…break looks so yummy 🙂

Yes having a challenge keeps you motivated and accountable. I hope you enjoy the recipes – I will be posting more!!

4. Angela P says:

I tried this recipe and my batter was so dry. Pretty much like cookie dough. Anyone else have this issue or is it just me? I had to add almond milk to it.

I never had that problem. I have the opposite – the batter is too wet. I think I put in too much zucchini. I hope it came out okay for you with adding the almond milk. Here is the original recipe in case they have some helpful tips. http://www.beachbody.com/beachbodyblog/nutrition/zucchini-bread

5. Judy says:

I am looking for the container count? Did I miss this? Help!

Hi! Here is the URL to the recipe. http://www.beachbody.com/beachbodyblog/nutrition/zucchini-bread

If you follow their recipe (I can’t remember how much I changed it) it is 1 yellow and 1 tsp.