Summer is a great time of year to start reducing calories and those heavy comfort meals that get us through a cold, harsh winter. This is one of my favorite recipes for baked Tilapia as it includes healthy ingredients and is just delicious! The ingredients are approximate and lean heavily on a lot of fresh chopped vine-ripe tomatoes per serving. Hopefully you will have a few tomatoes and basil out of your garden for this dish. Plus it is quick to put together and does not take long to bake in the oven. One serving option is to leave the fish in its baking dish.

Bruchetta Balsamic Topped Baked Tilapia Fish out of oven

For this dish I serve Basmati Vegetable Rice with Raw Pumpkin Seeds. The rice takes about an hour to make and warms over nicely. It is a healthy way to enjoy a side dish with this lean dinner.

basmati-vegetable-rice-with-pumpkin-seeds-closeup

The cooking time will depend upon if the fish is frozen, which will add more time to baking. Do not overbake as it needs to be flaky!

Bruchetta Balsamic Topped Baked Tilapia Fish plated closeup

The balsamic adds a really nice flavor to this dish! My preference is to plate the fish to really get all that wonderful balsamic flavor!!
Bruchetta Balsamic Topped Baked Tilapia Fish plated at a high view

More tomatoes the better! A nice bite contains fish, balsamic, tomatoes, Parmesan Cheese, and a bit of basil!
Bruchetta Balsamic Topped Baked Tilapia Fish plated closeup 2

Tilapia Ingredients:
Olive Oil
Tilapia Fillets, thawed

Bruschetta Topping Ingredients Per Tilapia Fillet:
1 Vine-ripe tomato, diced or sliced
4 Basil Leaves, whole or torn
1/2 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbsp. Parmesan Cheese

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 400. Prepare the bruschetta topping. Lightly brush tilapia with olive oil and place in a baking dish. Layer the bruschetta topping in desired order. Bake the Tilapia for about 15-25 minutes or until fish is flaky and tender.

BEACHBODY 21 Day Fix®

1 Red ½ Green 1/3 Blue 1 Teaspoon

Note: Container measurements are approximate and may change based upon how you prepare this recipe.
I am a Beachbody coach and you can find more information through my Beachbody webpage. On the left-hand side, you will find a link to my profile, how to purchase any products, and additional information about the company and success stories. My coach ID is 719855.

Bruchetta Balsamic Topped Baked Tilapia Fish before going into the oven

31 thoughts on “Bruschetta and Balsamic Baked Tilapia

Thank you! I hope you and your readers enjoy this dish!

1. made58 says:

Thank you for sharing! Happy Monday!

Have a great day too!!

Thank you for reblogging! I hope you and your readers enjoy this easy to make and delicious recipe!!

1. looks delicious! need to try this out! please visit my blog ❤ http://enjoybypaula.wordpress.com

Thank you – it is really delicious! And you have a great blog!!

Thank you for reblogging! I hope you and your readers enjoy this delicious recipe!

2. Oh, so mouth-watering recpe! 😊

Thank you! It is delicious – I love the addition of the balsamic for additional flavor.

3. Tilapiya is a common fish also here in India… 🙂 I’ll try this great recipe for sure… 🙂

I hope you enjoy it! I use a small Tilapia so if your fish is larger you may need to adjust the ingredients.

1. Yes, we get a larger variety here…. 🙂

4. donna213 says:

I have made tilapia similar to this dish. Very tasty. I will have to try it with the balsamic vinegar next time.

The balsamic adds so much more flavor! And you don’t need a lot either – depending upon the size of your fish.

5. My mouth waters at the thought of fresh tomatoes and basil. The fish won’t hurt either. Don’t buy Tilapia. Should try this. 🙂

You could use any fish that you like. I adore fresh vegetables and herbs!! 🙂

1. Mm. Me too. I have heard Tilapia is mild and I might try it, but my impression has been it is farmed fish. o_O

It is a very mild fish. And you could substitute it with any fish you enjoy! 🙂

6. chefceaser says:

Reblogged this on Chef Ceaser.

Thank you for reblogging. I hope you and your readers enjoy the recipe!

7. Tilapia is something I eat at least twice a month; so this newest recipe is perfect. Many thanx, Bernice.

Your welcome and I hope you enjoy it! The balsamic really adds a lot to this dish!

It is really good! The balsamic adds a lot to this dish especially since the fish is mild.

8. Truly Agree dear Bernice