Back in November I started a series of posting pictures on different benches I took pictures of during our summer adventures. I did one posting last year and then a huge November storm hit us and quite honestly I forgot about the series until now! For Part 1 of this series, click here. After such a harsh winter I really enjoy looking at these pictures and all the wonderful memories they bring. We are planning new adventures for this summer and I will continue to share different pictures from our part of the world! I must admit my love for benches and older the better. It makes one wonder who sat on those benches; what were their dreams and thoughts; was their view the same as mine or how was it different. The benches we saw were in stately, beautiful gardens and others were tucked away in the woods during our hikes. They all are beautiful in their own way and tell a story. I hope you enjoy this series as much as I do!!

Bench Beaver Disc golf

Benches 1

Benches 2

Benches 3

Iroquois bench 1

Iroquois bench 2

Iroquois bench 3

13 thoughts on “Benches from our Summer Adventures! – Part 2

1. Love the benches, Bernice. I agree. The older, the better. If only they could talk. Great pictures. Thank you for sharing. ❤

OH I so agree! The stories they could tell would be wonderful!

1. I can’t stop laughing after this comment. The thoughts whirling around in my mind are too ridiculously funny. Poor benches. 😮

ha ha! 🙂

2. Sophie33 says:

hahahahahahahhha! That is so cool! 🙂

Thank you! I love different types of benches. 🙂

3. jpeggytaylor says:

I liked the old benches best too. What tales they have overheard we can only wonder, eh! In our part of the world there is a common convention of dedicating benches to deceased loved ones – especially in picturesque woodlands or by the sea. The benches are either engraved or have small memorial plaques attached to them and sometimes, I guess when it is the person’s birthday or other anniversary, there are fresh flowers tied to the bench too.

What a nice custom… I have seen benches dedicated to people but never with fresh flowers tied to the bench. That is nice. A bench by the sea could really let your day dream for awhile! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if the benches could tell their stories of how the times have changed. But you wonder how much the people have changed – other than outward appearances and now of course technology. But were the hopes and dreams similar regardless of time. 🙂

4. I love your pics and your selections. All benches look very relaxin in the green oasis!

Thank you! I love benches so much – I will be posting more pictures. Nothing like a relaxing spot or a bench on a busy road but surrounded with greenery to make it feel relaxing. 🙂