Happy 2015 to all my wonderful Readers! I hope the New Year brings much happiness, hope, and joy! Today I am busy preparing to make a few new recipes for our New Years Eve dinner. The cover picture of this posting is the Vietnamese Braised Scallops that I made last year. Tonight’s menu includes a new recipe for scallops – so stay tuned!

Realistic Cooking Ideas for Busy People is entering into its fourth year! As such I have been contemplating what direction my cooking blog will travel during the upcoming year. As a bit of history, the inspiration for this blog came from too many disappointments from local restaurants. Often my husband and I would wait 30-minutes or longer to be seated only to be served a sub-par dinner at high prices and typically too many calories. We got tired of this routine and decided we would take control of our menu planning finding ways to make delicious and easy meals. I created this blog to share both my easy to make meals and recipes that take more time for special occasions and meals that provide those wonderful leftovers! I am inspired by many cuisines but I will tell you my dishes are not authentic. So you might see a Thai, Indian, or Italian recipe but it will have ingredients that works for my husband and me.

We have many interests and one of them is healthy living. Although I enjoy the gooey slice of cheese and pepperoni New York Style pizza, there is the reality that we really are what we eat! This year, we will be exploring bringing more healthy ingredients and superfoods into our meals. Below are a few new ingredients we are exploring!
New Ingredients

I have always been a fan of superfoods such as yogurt, nuts, fruits, and vegetables without adding heavy sauces, sugars, and salt. My research has taken me to the polymeal, which is dedicated to bringing more healthy foods into your lifestyle that could help reduce cardiovascular disease and cancer. My background does not include training in nutrition therefore I will share my resources for your own decision making. I do not believe in diets as they tend to be temporary changes instead I believe in lifestyle changes. Below is my new collection of inspiration!
New cooking books

Healthiest Meals on Earth: The Surprising, Unbiased Truth About What Meals to Eat and Why by Jonny Bowden

The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth: The Surprising, Unbiased Truth About What You Should Eat and Why by Jonny Bowden

Power Foods: 150 Delicious Recipes with the 38 Healthiest Ingredients by The Editors of Whole Living Magazine

Superfood Kitchen: Cooking with Nature’s Most Amazing Foods by Morris, Julie

Stay tuned for new recipes that will include the traditional comfort food with many of them updated to control calories and the adventure into the polymeal and superfoods. I am pretty excited about the upcoming year and I hope you will enjoy and share in the journey with me! Happy New Years everyone! Many blessings to you and your family!

12 thoughts on “Happy New Years! Read On for a Sneak Preview of 2015 New Adventures on Realistic Cooking Ideas!

1. I love your post and have missed reading them regularly these past several months. Combining traditional comfort-style dishes with healthy ingredients and/or cooking techniques is always a win-win. I look forward to seeing what you’ll be sharing in 2015!

Best wishes!
    Allison

Thank you Allison! I am pretty excited about this year since I love reading about superfoods and finding ways to bring more healthy ingredients into our lifestyle without sacrificing good tasting food! Have a wonderful New Years! Bernice

Thank you. Happy New Years!

2. kanzensakura says:

Looks like a splendid year ahead. I am looking forward to reading about the results of yiur research, the recipes, and more of your wonderful trips and photos. Thank you for all of your hard work and the quality you puy k to your posts. Iwsh God’s deepest blessi gs on you and Greg in the new year.

Thank you for the kind words! Here is to a wonderful 2015! Many blessings!

3. Ingrid says:

Hubby and I rarely go out to eat anymore and when we do we try to order things I don’t make. We’ve been disappointed way too many times in the taste and quality in restaurants these days. I look forward to more inspiring recipes with some of these new ingredients. Have a great New Year 🙂

It is nice to try new dishes when you are out to see if you want to try a similar recipe. When we go on vacation I always look for new dishes and cocktails. Now that it is winter we will be going out less and I will be exploring more new recipes. I am starting to use my cast iron skillet and am looking for recipes. Starting off with pizza!

4. Heather says:

Happy New Year Bernice…I look forward to seeing what you cook up in 2015…I know it will be great!

Happy New Years Heather! I got a lot of new recipes planned out for a lot of cooking over the weekends!! And how snowy it has been and bitter cold it seems like a good way to pass time!