We are trying to get back to normal after the early winter storm and are getting ready for Thanksgiving. Though it feels like we missed Thanksgiving with our winter blast as the whole experience was surreal. A lot of the snow has melted with some local roads flooding at the lower points and creeks close to or are flooding. This storm came with a lot of damage from roofs collapsing, basements flooding, windows imploding, and businesses closed with some workers not being paid. The Buffalo Bills home game was postponed and played on Monday night at Detroit. The worst though is the lost of lives. We can always replace personal belongings, go to future Buffalo Bills games, but we cannot replace human life. No matter how much we dislike this storm, we cannot complain since we got through it safely and so did our family and friends. I also want to thank everyone who sent well wishes and warm thoughts during this storm – they were all much appreciated!

Now on to the cooking:
This recipe for Molasses Pork Tenderloin with Marsala Shallot Sauce is a nice Thanksgiving substitute for those who do not care for turkey. Another options is Beef Tenderloin with a Madeira Rosemary Shallot Sauce. Marsala is a light wine as compared to Port Wine and some Madeira wines. I prefer a Port wine over Marsala since it is richer in flavor and depth. (I made the Beef Tenderloin sauce with Port Wine instead of Madeira.) The shallots are a wonderful compliment to this dish as they provide a slight sweetness and more depth to a sauce than an onion – so I would not substitute – but that is personal preference. Shallots also provide an elegant addition to the sauce.

Pork Tenderloin with Marsala Shallot Sauce

2 pounds Pork Tenderloin

Marinade
1/8 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup molasses
1/8 cup lemon juice
1/8 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp ginger
1 large garlic cloves, minced

Marsala Sauce
1 large Shallot sliced
2 tbsp cold butter
1 cup Marsala (Port Wine or Madeira Wine)
1 cup beef broth
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp cornstarch

Dry Rub
Three Little Pigs BBQ Rub

Marinade the pork tenderloin up to 24-hours in a plastic, sealable bag turning periodically. If you are concerned about marinating for 24-hours, then try 8-hours to see how that works. Preheat oven to 375. Take the pork out of the marinade and if desired, add Three Little Pigs BBQ Rub. Heat a little olive oil in a pan then sear the pork. Place in a baking dish and bake until desired temperature. Let rest for about 10-minutes before slicing.

Pork Tenderloin

While it is baking, cook shallots in a pan with a little olive oil until tender. Add Marsala and beef both. In a small bowl, add arrowroot or cornstarch plus the water, stirring to dissolve. Then add to the sauce and cook until desired thickness. Add cold butter just before serving.

26 thoughts on “Molasses Pork Tenderloin with Marsala Shallot Sauce

Thank you! It was really good. Though next time I would use the Port Wine for more flavor.

1. Iooks fabulous! Happy Thanksgiving♥

Thank you! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

2. Oh YUM! What time do we eat. I’ll be right over. 😀 😀 Sounds like a keeper.

It was really good. Though next time I will make the sauce with port wine – I like the richer flavor. Marsala is good for a lighter sauce. I can imagine some will prefer the lighter sauce.

1. I bet you’ll have one happy bunch around the table after serving this treat. 🙂

Yes it was enjoyable! It is fun trying different recipes. 🙂

3. I do agree. I have my daughter and grandkids over for dinner every Thursday. Sometimes they plan the menu and sometimes they ask me to surprise them. That’s my fun in the kitchen. 😀

Sounds like a nice evening!

5. I love it. We plan. We discuss. We have differences of opinion.
        “”You chose last time, it’s my turn.”
        “I don’t know, whatever you want.”
        “Surprise us.”

😀

Sounds like fun!! 🙂

3. Looks delicious Bernice!! I hope you guys are starting to get back to normal!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Michael

Thanks Michael. Yes we are getting back to a normal routine and looking forward to Christmas! We had a nice Thanksgivings and I hope you had the same with your family!

4. Sheryl says:

It looks like a wonderful alternative to turkey. Happy Thanksgiving!

Yes, for those who do not want turkey for Thanksgiving or Christmas it is a nice option! I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving with your family!

5. What an OMG moment…The recipe looks like even I can do this. I am now really looking forward to the weekend when I can try this.

It really is an easy recipe to make! Just keep an eye on the temperature while cooking. Marsala is a light wine, port wine will be richer in flavor – all depends upon how you like your sauce. You could also throw some dried fruit in the sauce. Have fun cooking this weekend!

6. hello bernice its dennis the vizsla dog hay mmm pork!!! yet another form of bacon!!! ok bye

7. Cindy says:

YUM! This is looks wonderful

Thank you! It was delicious – next time I will make it with Port Wine since it has more flavor than marsala wine. But if you prefer a lighter sauce then marsala is perfect!