This summer a Cabela’s opened in our area that is an early Christmas gift for all the hunters and outdoors people! Cabela’s is considered a destination for people and there is a new hotel being built across the street to accommodate all the tourists! We went to visit this summer and I must admit is it a great destination and was a lot of fun! I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Upon arriving at Cabela’s!
Cabelas 1

Cabelas 20

Cabelas 19

Greg found a comfortable chair that is similar to our furniture but a bit larger!
Cabelas 3
Of course I found the food and cooking area!
Cabelas 9

Cabelas 8

Upon arriving you come upon this amazing display of mounted game! I am glad some of them were not alive being we were so close to them!
Cabelas 4
Cabelas 5

Cabelas 15

Cabelas 16

Cabelas 17

I have been wanting to see a beaver all summer! This is the closest I am going to get to one – at least for now.
Cabelas 6

Some beautiful wood work and every where you go is mounted game. I appreciate turkey except when they fly over your vehicle. They are a large, heavy bird that you do not want flying into your vehicle! But it is interesting to watch them walk around and fly in and out of trees – from a safe distance of course.
Cabelas 7

Cabelas 10

Cabelas 13

Cabelas 11

Cabelas 14

And of course some heavy vehicles that I am clueless about!
Cabelas 2

Cabelas 12

Cabelas 18

16 thoughts on “We have a Cabela’s World’s Foremost Outfitter in the Area!

1. I could spend all day there. We don’t have this particular brand name but I must confess the store looks interesting. Something for everyone. I’ll be in the kitchen supply area.

It is a fun store. I did like the outdoor cooking items. They looked like they would be fun to experiment!

2. kanzensakura says:

We have a Cabela’s coming soon!!!

That is great! I was really impressed by the epic nature of the store. The mounted game was pretty impressive!

3. Ingrid says:

We always find a Cabela’s store entertaining and in a pinch they are great for overnighting in the parking lot for us RVer’s…. usually complete with a dump station and fresh water 🙂

That is wonderful and I guess it makes sense too. 🙂

4. Sheryl says:

A hotel being built across the street to accommodate all the tourists! This must be a really large Cabela store. I’ve been in several Cabela stores near where I live; and they were very nice, but I don’t think that people would travel long distances to visit them.

ha ha. I would not have thought so either. But my husband said they are a destination and it is a big deal for us to have one of them! I wouldn’t travel to go to one either.

5. Yes, this store is all that! But I have trouble getting Tarzan to ever leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ha ha – that is too bad!!

6. hello bernice its dennis the vizsla dog hay wow luk at that playse it is like a natcheral history myoozeum with all those animals!!! venison on the hoof i think!!! ha ha ok bye

Yes, it is like a natural history! Have a great day!

7. Sophie33 says:

What a special large shop! You don’t see anything like that big in Belgium! Waw! Lucky you! 😉

It is huge and specialized but definitely a lot to enjoy even if you are not a hunter. They also had a small cafe for lunch and snacks! People could spend a lot of time there!