Today I am sharing a starter recipe for a Peach Sangria! But first, how was everyone’s Halloween? It ended up being cold and rainy, which greatly reduced the number of children that came out. We had our apple cider and freshly made donuts from Mayer Brother that is our local cider mill. I wrote a posting last year about the cider mill and there are a few good pictures of the pumpkins that my husband likes to carve. It is the best cider as it is pure and not what you purchase in the supermarket. My husband, as always, did a great job decorating the outside of our house that included carving large pumpkins so they are lit with a candle when the kids come around. The day after Halloween we noticed something started to eat one of our pumpkins! Not sure if a deer would try to eat them? This is the first time we had pumpkin damage! We are use to the animals eating our flowers and other plants – but not a pumpkin! The below picture is the pumpkin we had in our house – I was trying to get a Halloween affect from John Carpenter’s movie as the pumpkin comes closer to you in the opening scene. But of course our pumpkin is normal looking, which means the affect was lost!

Inside pumpkin

It was raining outside so we were not able to get a great picture of the pumpkins – but the skeletons picture came out pretty good.
skeleton

Outdoors pumpkins

And finally…. the pumpkin that something tried to eat!
Something ate the pumpkin

Now on to the cocktail recipe! This is a starter recipe that you can have a lot of fun experimenting. You can add more or less Triple Sec depending upon how sweet you like your Sangria and of course you could add sugar if you like it sweet. How much red wine you add will determine the color or you could eliminate it if you prefer a White Peach Sangria. For this recipe, I used Barefoot Refresh Summer Red. A variety of fruit is a nice touch especially in the summer. Personally, I do not put ice in wine so it was hard for me to add it; but the Triple Sec and berries will bring down the temperature of the white wine. The second time we made this drink, ice was added and it was very good and refreshing. So ice it is!

White wine such as Pinot Grigio
Β½ ounce Triple Sec
Splash of Lemon
Splash of red wine
White Peaches
Strawberries
Blueberries
Ice

Add Triple Sec and a splash of lemon and red wine into a wine glass. Top with white wine and garnish with peaches, strawberries, and blueberries. Basically you are adding the red wine for a pinkish color so add as much as you want until you get the desired color! Consider giving your drink a quick stir to blend the ingredients and add some ice.

22 thoughts on “Peach Sangria or maybe a Berry Sangria is more Appropriate!

1. This sound refreshing and delicious.
    Huh. Would a squirrel be hard up enough eat the pumpkin? I can’t imagine it.
    Your husband did indeed do a wonderful job of decorating your house for Halloween. ❀

Thank you – Greg really enjoys carving the pumpkins and decorating for the trick or treaters. You know he did see a gray squirrel this morning running across our patio – so it is possible it is a squirrel. We never had squirrels in our neighborhood but now that the trees are getting a bit mature we are starting to see them!

1. Funny to picture a teeny squirrel go to it with a BIG pumpkin. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

I know it is funny! It is either a squirrel, rabbit or deer!

3. Is the pumpkin still out? Wouldn’t you love to have a motion camera on the spot? *giggles*

Unfortunately the pumpkins are gone…and yes we wish we had one of those motion cameras. The one day when my husband got up he opened the blinds and found himself “nose to nose” with a deer who was munching on our bushes right in front of our dining room window. So it could be fun and scary to see what goes on at night!

5. Oh my. I bought a house and got a zoo. πŸ˜€

That is about the size of it!! πŸ™‚

7. Love it. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

2. mihrank says:

this is sound delicious – great mixed of photos and details of your story!

Thank you! I particularly like this cocktail in the summer – so much fun!

3. chefceaser says:

Reblogged this on Chef Ceaser.

Thank you for the reblog! I hope you and your readers enjoy!

4. Cindy says:

Yum! I love the decorations too!

Thank you! It is always fun decorating for Halloween! And of course the cocktail is fun to drink!

5. Heather says:

lol…good for your husband…when my two were small, I decorated but always simple items…last season we didn’t have any children trick or treating and this season only two at around 8:50pm so not much reason to decorate… our street is short only six houses on it and everyone had their lights out but us… 😦

We live in a small neighborhood and typically the kids come from other neighborhoods. But it was too cold and rainy for a lot of them to venture too far from home! But we have fun decorating and watching all of our horror movies!

6. Sheryl says:

Did you ever figure out what nibbled on the pumpkin? I’ve had deer eat lot lots of things in my yard over the years–but never a pumpkin.

This is the first time we had a critter nibble on our pumpkin. We always have them outside. It could be a deer or rabbit. But this year we started to see squirrels in the neighborhood so we are wondering if it was a squirrel. I guess it will always be a mystery! In the past when something would eat my flowers, I would often catch a rabbit in the action of eating them.

7. Love your Halloween house πŸ˜€ It makes me smile, especially because barely anyone in Australia celebrates Halloween (unfortunately!)
    Beautiful sangria as well, it would definitely get me through a scare fest!

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

Thank you! I did not have a chance to post our pictures from inside our house. We have small pumpkins that light up and flicker as if a real candle was inside them. And lanterns with the flameless candles with a Halloween scene sketched on the lantern. It is always fun to decorate for Halloween and the Harvest. πŸ™‚