On Saturday Greg and I went to Letchworth State Park for a beautiful but chilly walk around their 3 main waterfalls and many smaller waterfalls. The leaves are just starting to change colors and in a week or two they should be at their peak. It was a cold day at 54°F that felt like 48°F. (That would be 8.8 °C!) It was warmer at our house since we had a bright sun that was hot. But once we got to our destination, we found that the sun was gone and there was a slight breeze. Greg dressed in his short pants and I thought he was crazy but he thought it was going to warm up. But it was colder there; though there were a few hardy souls in short pants. We stopped for lunch on our way there, which was difficult since there are very few places to eat. We both had hot tea, hot roast beef sandwiches and mashed potatoes. I am fairly particular about roast beef and the waitress said they were known for their beef. And since it was so cold we needed to start our adventure with some comfort food! The cover picture is a view of the Lower Falls and I will be sharing more pictures of that area in my next posting. The beauty of this area is a bit overwhelming because in a short distance there is so much to see! Below are the pictures I took when we first got to the park.

letchword park 1
letchword park 2
letchword park 3
letchword park 4
letchword park 7
letchword park 6

This year we are seeing a lot of acorns on the ground – to the point that you could have a smaller roller rink of slipping on them! Has anyone else seen an unusual amount of acorns on the ground?
letchword park acorns

Below are a few pictures on our way to the Lower Falls! The one picture you can see the tree that is almost falling off the edge – we notice from the erosion a lot of trees were close to falling into the water!
letchword park leaves

letchword park trees on the edge

letchword park lower falls view

letchword park lower falls view 2

The below pictures are the unique stone picnic tables and fireplaces! The slate tops had to weigh a ton to move and someone took the time to carve them and make them smooth.
letchword park picnic table 4

letchword park picnic table 3

letchword park picnic table 2

letchword park picnic table 1

We wondered if the slate picnic table tops came from the below creek.
letchword park slate

32 thoughts on “Letchworth State Park NY – Waterfalls, Leaves, Fall Colors, and much more!

It is gorgeous there and I have many more pictures and videos to share of the three different waterfalls.

🙂 Yes, but you have Downton Abbey and so many beautiful castles! The English countryside looks beautiful!!

2. willowdot21 says:

You are so right we always take the familiar for granted and hanker after the unfamiliar. 🙂 xx

It is always fun to see what other countries have whether it is country-side, nature, or historic buildings. We tend to tear down old buildings to build new. But when you can find a historic mansion it is always a treat to take a tour. 🙂

4. willowdot21 says:

Yes that is so true.

1. shanaart says:

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Your welcome. I will be sharing more pictures and videos of the three waterfalls and other areas of the park.

1. shanaart says:

Great, I look forward to seeing them!

I will be posting more pictures and videos in the next few days. 🙂

2. Love the bridge photo, the walk through the park was really wonderful.

The bridge is just awesome! That is the lower falls and I have more pictures to share on that waterfalls plus the middle and upper waterfalls. Plus some history on the park.

3. It looks like a beautiful place.

It is beautiful and a bit overwhelming with so much history and waterfalls. I have several more postings and am looking forward to going back.

4. mihrank says:

you are so lucky – I enjoyed reading your new adventure and facts about the waterfalls. This is deeply amazing!!

I am so happy you enjoyed the pictures and this posting! It is a beautiful place! I have pictures and videos to share on the different waterfalls and some history. There is so much to take in that I can’t wait to go back again.

1. mihrank says:

Bernice – your hard work is shining and always makes me think I am flying to another place!!

Thanks so much – your kind words mean a lot to me! 🙂

Thank you! We had a great day and I spent part of today recovering from all the climbing to the different waterfalls. But it definitely was worth the climbs!

5. Kasih says:

Beautiful photos. Thank you for sharing!

Your welcome – I am glad you enjoyed them. 🙂

6. We have lots of acorns in SC too. Have heard people say it is a sign of a cold winter, but hope we don’t have another like last year. Looks like it was a really fun day.

Oh me too! Last winter was bitter cold we don’t need a repeat! It was a great day – a bit cold – but you make the best of the weather. 🙂

7. Oh my goodness! Wow, the photos and the scenery were amazing 🙂
    Thanks for stopping by and for sharing.!

Letchworth tends to be overwhelming – in a good way – so much to see – you can’t take it all in. I have more postings on the middle and upper falls with pictures and videos. It is an amazing place! 🙂