This is a wonderful chilled soup that I had a version at Sonnenberg Gardens. I wished I had made it during the hot days of winter – but it really is good any time. Plus it is healthy with a lot of great ingredients combined together with a wonderful flavor profile! You feel a bit healthier after eating it!! For this version I used yogurt to have a thinner consistency similar to a soup. A Greek yogurt could be substituted if you don’t mind a thicker consistency. As always it is fun to experiment with different ingredients and this recipe should get you started! Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend!

1 Melon, deseeded, de-rined, and chopped
Strawberries – about a dozen and a few for garnish
2 cups Yogurt, plain
1 Half-pint light cream
1 tbsp Nutmeg
1 tbsp Ground Cardamom
3 – 6 tbsp Honey
Basil

Place chopped melon and strawberries in a food processor and blend until desired texture. Pour into a large bowl that has a cover to allow you to store it in the refrigerator. Blend in the honey, nutmeg, and ground cardamom. Then add the yogurt, light cream, and blend. Do a taste test because you might want to add more spices and honey. I like to serve with extra strawberries on top with basil. You could blend some basil into the soup or even use mint.

Chilled Melon Soup in blender

8 thoughts on “A Healthy and Delicious Chilled Melon & Strawberry Soup with Honey & Basil

1. mihrank says:

such delicious – you give me a delicious appetite…Is this your way to write a book??

ha ha ha. I have thought about it but there are so many great recipe books and I am happy blogging for wonderful people I “meet” like yourself. 🙂

1. mihrank says:

I am glad to hear your reply. Let me know if you need any assistance, I am glad to help:)

Thank you! It is one of my favorite things about blogging – is the community. 🙂

2. lulu says:

I’m crazy about cold soups but now that the weather is cooler I will put this recipe away until spring. Thanks

I will need to remember to repost it next summer as it is perfect for a hot summer day. 🙂

3. cindy knoke says: