Chestnut Ridge Park Toboggan Chutes sunset

Saturday night we experienced a beautiful sunset and view at Chestnut Ridge Park since we were at the top of the toboggan chutes. I took pictures of the toboggan chutes from different angles including walking to the bottom of the hill so you get the full perspective. It is good exercise walking back up that hill! They were built in 1930 and refurbished and reopened in 2010. It is a treasure to have something that old in our area that is still being enjoyed by generation after generation! The below picture provides an idea of what the toboggan hill looks like in the winter. (This is a picture posted at Chestnut Ridge Park.)

Chestnut Ridge Park Toboggan Chutes winter photo

Chestnut Ridge Park Toboggan Chutes 6

Chestnut Ridge Park Toboggan Chutes 4

Chestnut Ridge Park Toboggan Chutes 3

Chestnut Ridge Park Toboggan Chutes 2

Chestnut Ridge Park Toboggan Chutes 1

The Casino is an old building and is really rustic inside. It was locked otherwise I would have taken pictures of the inside.

Chestnut Ridge Park Casino

Chestnut Ridge Park Casino 2

Chestnut Ridge Park Casino 3

Chestnut Ridge Park Casino 4

And you never know what might be going on in WNY! This guy was building a plane and his friend was taking pictures. He was wearing a cape and looks like he has a crown on the plane!
Chestnut Ridge Park Toboggan Chutes plane

Lastly here is a bit more information about Chestnut Ridge Park! It is a great place to visit. The Eternal Flame is located here and is a fairly easy hike to get to. And last year I shared some fall pictures when we took a walk.
Chestnut Ridge Park Sign 1
Chestnut Ridge Park Sign 2
Chestnut Ridge Park Sign 3
Chestnut Ridge Park Sign 4

8 thoughts on “Chestnut Ridge Park – Erie County – Toboggan Chutes, Casino and a Sunset!

1. petunia106 says:

Awesome thanks for sharing! We may have to go there with our kids. So I assume the toboggan shires are only open in the winter? I wonder if they are open all winter or certain months?
    Betsy

I know they are opened in the winter. Their website did not provide any information on dates but I would think once winter starts there will be an announcement when they are open. From their website they state:

Toboggan chutes are operated from 10 AM- 4 PM on weekends and holidays, and on Fridays from 4 PM- 8 PM (weather permitting). The sled hill is open daily from 10 AM- 8 PM. Please call 858-8513 for weekday winter sports/ activities updates.

1. petunia106 says:

Great thanks Bernice!! I am so glad you posted about this, upstate ny has so many wonderful parks and this one is certainly unique with the chutes!

Your welcome and I am glad you enjoyed the post. I hope you and your family have a chance to use them this winter! The park is wonderful. As I understand the casino is opened in the winter.

2. willowdot21 says:

Another great travelogue! am I envious? 😉 xx

Thank you! This park is in our backyard. We have a lot of wonderful parks in New York. 🙂

1. willowdot21 says:

yes you do and you are so lucky! 🙂