It is wonderful when you can enjoy a day adventure in your own backyard and only travel a reasonable distance to arrive at that destination. This next series of photos is from our day-trip to Sonnenberg Gardens in Canandaigua, New York. (Also in the Finger Lakes region of Upstate New York where there are some wonderful wineries!) Once we arrived we had a wonderful lunch at their High Noon Cafe. They have proper home-brew ice tea, a wonderful gourmet crepe, and a summer cold soup! A great way to start off our afternoon journey. You can take a guided tour of the many beautiful gardens, greenhouses, and historic mansion. Their volunteers love the grounds as if it was their own and many talk about the family who owned the property as if they were related. They are so passionate and dedicated to the mansion and property.

Sonnenberg 18

Last year I did share pictures, but honestly, there is so much to take in that you find yourself seeing new things each time you go there. This is one of my favorite places to visit. Below are a few pictures of the plant life within the greenhouses, flowers in their numerous gardens, and the wonderful food from their cafe. Definitely I will be making the summer cold soup – it was delicious! Expect a new recipe to be coming soon! And from last year,click here for more pictures of their flowers. I hope you enjoy this virtual vacation that we are starting on!

Sonnenberg 17

Sonnenberg 6

Sonnenberg 5

Sonnenberg 4

Sonnenberg 3

Sonnenberg 2

Sonnenberg 1

10 thoughts on “Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion Historic Park – Flowers and Beautiful Grounds!

1. Absolutely beautiful, I would enjoy visiting the gardens! Looks like yall had a wonderful lunch too 🙂

The lunch was wonderful – the grounds and mansion are beautiful. I will post more pictures – this park is truly a treasure! A slice of history.

2. Norm 2.0 says:

What a great spot and you took some really nice shots. Another place to add to my list of destinations that next time we’re out that way.

It is such a treasure! I will post more pictures of the grounds and mansion. Each garden has a theme.

3. Sheryl says:

The botanical gardens and the cafe at Sonnenberg Gardens look awesome. Some of my favorite tourist destinations are hidden gems.

It is a great get away. Each garden has a different theme. So much to take in and enjoy. I will post more pictures of the gardens and mansion. I love the victorian time period.

4. John Wheeler says:

A tour of this park makes for a pleasant afternoon. The gardens are nice and the mansion is beautiful. The grounds here are in a constant state of rehabilitation.

I do love going to Sonnenberg Gardens. So beautiful and the volunteers are so dedicated to keeping it beautiful. In particular I like the balcony off the main bedroom – such a beautiful view over the gardens. Such a treasure!

5. hello bernice its dennis the vizsla dog hay nice to meet yoo!!! hay wow sonnenberg gardens my mama and dada went their menny yeerz ago wen they livd in the mithikal land of noo york unfortchoonatly it was in the middel of a drowt and their wuz sumthing rong with the irrigayshun sistems or sumthing so it wuz not as mutch in bloom for them as it wuz for yoo!!! ok bye

Hello Dennis the Vizsla! Sonnenberg Gardens are at their peak! Have a great day!