Balsamic Glaze cover

This is just a little teaser! On Realistic Cooking, we will be sharing new recipes based upon wood-grilling but before we can get started, there is a need to post a couple of start-up recipes! This is a great glaze for really any type of dish from chicken, pork, vegetables, salads, appetizers and the list goes on. How long it takes to reduce the balsamic into a glaze is dependent upon how you are going to use the glaze and how high of a heat you use. Plus the wider the base of the saucepan the quicker it will reduce. As a Software Testing Manager my life is about managing risks to deliver a high quality product. Therefore, I won’t risk a high heat to save time in reducing the balsamic vinegar. I would rather spend a few extra minutes and not burn the mixture – resulting in a high-quality glaze!

Balsamic Glaze
1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp Maple Syrup or Brown Sugar
Garlic
Bay Leave or your choice of herbs

Place all ingredients in a non-stick sauce pan over medium heat. Once the mixtures comes to a soft boil I lower the heat. How long you cook your mixture is dependent upon how thick you want it and how you are going to use it. I reduced mine for about 30-minutes. When it has reached the desired thickness, take it off the burner to cool down. The glaze can be stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator. If it starts to harden in the refrigerator try bringing it to room temperature or carefully microwaving.

13 thoughts on “Balsamic Glaze!

1. Deborah says:

This sounds awesome!

I adore Balsamic and turning it into a glaze is just wonderful. It can be used in so many dishes. My husband loves sauces so this is great for him to add to his vegetables if he needs a sauce. Plus you can infuse it with herbs and dried fruits like oranges and such.

2. Cindy says:

Love it! Balsamic glaze is one of my favourites. I drizzle it over meat, ice cream, some salads. So versatile.

It is wonderful! I love when a sauce or glaze is so versatile that you can use it for many dishes.

3. Sheryl says:

The glaze sounds wonderful.

It is a great glaze and you can use it in so many different dishes!

4. This glaze is a must-have accompaniment to drizzle over fish, poultry, vegetables, pastas, salads, and even fruit. It can turn any dish from ordinary to extraordinary with its perfectly balanced and intense flavor of sweet.

I must say… you said it better than me! It is a must have and can make you look like a genius! I want to try and infuse other flavors such as oranges as I believe that would be an interesting combination! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

5. mihrank says:

delicious – Also This recipe can accompaniment for Buffalo Prime Rib with Orange Balsamic Glaze.

Orange Balsamic Glaze sounds wonderful! I will need to give it a try.