“If We Were Having Coffee” is something I heard about from willowdot21. And as I understand Willowdot21 got it from Deborah who got it from Diana . It is about having a virtual conversation over a cup of coffee or tea as if the miles and ponds that physically separate us do not exist. If we are lucky there might be a nice Irish Scone hot out of the oven for us! So grab your beverage and settle into a nice comfy chair and lets have a chat!
If we were having coffee…
- I would tell you I only drink coffee on the weekends and typically out of my Dr. Who Tardis mug! When the Taridis mug comes out of its box, it means I am off! One day I will tell you more about my Dr. Who collection.
- I would tell you that at work we implemented a new program that have been in the works for about a year – it was a lot of work and a great accomplishment for all. We had a celebration at work with a wonderful luncheon provided by our CEO and a give away to the employees.
- I would tell you I am now taking a four-day holiday to relax a bit after the implementation, try a few new recipes, have a few glasses of wine or cocktails, and sit outside with hubby for a night-time fire. And of course there is always laundry that must be done, so it is not all fun and games! ha ha ha
- I would tell you that I might try using my Canon Rebel 5i on Fourth of July to see if I can take some nighttime pictures of the fireworks.
- I would tell you that my husband and I are not going to New Hampshire on a hiking trip this year – we did that the last three years. This year we both decided on a stay-cation and enjoy the wonderful adventures in our own back yard! Stay-cations became popular a few years ago when gasoline for our vehicles reach an all-time high making a car trip too expensive. Why not spend that money in your own backyard!
- I would tell you that on August 23rd BBC America will be airing the new doctor and I am a bit nervous about a new doctor on Dr. Who. Changing of the doctors for me is as bad as changing to a new Star Trek captain! I do not take well to those types of changes – I get too connected to them!
- I would tell you I am so very happy that it is summer – it was a harsh, long, frigid winter and I am grateful it is over!
- I would tell you that after 2 years of blogging I finally reached 1,000 followers! Those last 50 took months and months, as it seems you hit a stopping point and you crawl to the finish line. But I am thankful for my followers since it encourages me to keep trying new recipes and find interesting places for my photography.
- I would tell you I just finished a four-week walking program at work where each week you try to increase your number of steps from 49,000 a week 70,000 a week. Our goal was a total of 238,000 steps and I had 429,310 steps. I think I must have been walking in my sleep! My motto – if you are not going to give it your all – don’t bother! I rarely do anything half-way.
Well my friend… my cup of coffee is empty… the Tardis has returned to London…. it is raining softly outside and the heavens are telling us to relax a bit… and now it is your turn! If we were having coffee together what would you contribute to the conversation? What would you tell me? Maybe something magical happened today and or something unusual happened! Maybe you had a quite day and those are great too! Please add it as a comment and feel free to become part of “If We Were Having Coffee”!