Today I am sharing a few pictures of some of our gardens. As I write this posting it is 10AM and it is 81 degrees F with 70% humidity! Not sure if this will be a good day for a day hike with the high humidity. You walk outside and you feel it immediately. We had a few weekends where the humidity was low and even though the temperatures was in the 80’s it was quite comfortable for a hike. I do have a lot of beautiful pictures from our day hikes to share. But today the focus is a bit on our gardens. Over the years our gardens have evolved quite a bit. We did a lot of research on plants and garden layouts. We started out with a lot of flowers and a different assortment of bushes and plants. Then we had problems with the deer and rabbit eating our black-eyed susan plants and other plants. We got tired of replacing plants as it started to get expensive. A few years ago we decided to switch part of our gardens over to stone and statues since the deer and rabbit will not eat those! The one plant we do worry about is our patriot hostas. Usually around Father’s Day they eat them to the ground. This year they took one bite and left. Not sure if they got spooked or what happened. So we are spraying them and so far so good. Yes, we have sprayed plants, gotten special deer devices and it is always a battle with them. Oddly enough we do not live in the country but with more homes being built we are seeing more wild life come into neighborhoods especially, if like our neighborhood we are surround by trees. If anyone has any tips on how they battle the wildlife and their plants – I would sure love to hear it! Have a great weekend everyone!

Garden 7

Garden 6

Garden 5

Garden 4

Garden 3

Garden 2

Garden 1

20140625-120619.jpg

14 thoughts on “Pictures of Our Garden 2014

1. paws2smile says:

Beautiful! Hmmm have you tried using essential oils? I use Young Living and I thought I saw something about an oil mix to help keep bugs off. If I find it, I will put up another comment!

Thank you! I will have to look into Essential Oils. We are always looking for that solution to the problems with the critters!

2. willowdot21 says:

So beautiful! Just a note on your mug, my son had a packman mug when hot the packman ate the dots……. I rendered it useless by putting it in the dishwasher!

Yes, my husband accidentally placed my Dr Who mug in the dishwasher. It peeled some of the picture but still worked – as well as it could. But I got a new mug. It was also my fault since I typically wash it and put it away. But I left it on the counter top and he went into auto mode with loading the dishwasher – and there was my damaged mug. I was devastated! That mug only comes out on the weekend.

1. willowdot21 says:

Yes I felt awful but managed to get him another. πŸ™‚ xx

It is so easy to make that mistake! That is why I need to be diligent about washing and putting my Tardis away right away!

3. kanzensakura says:

What a beautiful place. No wonder you staycated!!!!!

Thank you! Sometimes it is nice to stay local and enjoy some time in your own gardens that you spent so many years creating and pruning. πŸ™‚

4. Beautiful pictures. Your garden is lovely!

Thank you Kristah! We spent a lot of years creating them. Now they are in maintenance mode. πŸ™‚

5. I love your garden Bernice! Lovely flowers πŸ™‚

Thanks Michael! We use to plant hundreds of annuals – but we no longer do that. It looked pretty but was a lot of work – and if you got the wrong ones – the rabbits would eat them. So simpler is better. πŸ™‚

6. You have a green thumb my dearβ™₯

Thank you! A lot of years of hard work but definitely worth it.