Banana Daiquiri Slushy close up

This is a wonderful afternoon cocktail that will take you to a beach-front or tropical island – even if you are just sitting in your backyard. I know some of my readers have asked for mocktails since they either do not drink alchol or would like an option. For this cocktail I am including a mocktail! Both recipes make 2-servings. As a tip, I do not purchase prepackaged frozen bananas. We often have a banana or two left over when we go shopping. I just take the left overs, slice them and place each banana in a small ziplock bag. Then when we are making a smoothy or cocktail, we have frozen bananas (which in our area are expensive to purchase frozen, but cheap if you purchase in the produce area.) I adapted this recipe from here. Enjoy your cocktail or mocktail if you prefer!!

Banana Daiquiri Slushy cover

1 teaspoons run extract
1 large banana, sliced and frozen
1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
1 package sweet and low
1/5 cup pineapple juice
1 to 2 cups ice cubes

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until slushy. I use my smoothie setting. Garnish with extra bananas or other cocktail garnish!

39 thoughts on “Banana Daiquiri Slushy and Mocktail

1. kanzensakura says:

Yummo!!! Thanks for the mocktail.

Your welcome! I am trying to add mocktails since not everyone wants an alcoholic drink and sometimes I would like a fancy drink without the alcohol. πŸ™‚

1. kanzensakura says:

Yes indeed. I’ve been freezing nanners for awle for smoothies. This reminds me. I saw a thingie on QVCthat uses frozen fruits to make “ice cream”, especially nanners. And frozen drinks. It looked wonderful…Yonana..or something.

I did a blog posting on Yoannas (I am sure I spelled it wrong). We tested it at work. It is good as long as you like bananas – I believe it is the main ingredient. I prefer smoothies over Yoannas. πŸ™‚

3. kanzensakura says:

Okay. That clarifies it. Oh and I tried Chiavetta’s on pork ribs…..wonderful!

I am glad the Chiavetta’s worked out for you!

5. kanzensakura says:

I have to order more from Amazon. I bought a smaller size to try and know I need the larger size!

That is great! I am the same way. Start with a small bottle just in case you don’t care for it. I am going to a graduation party today and there might be a Chiavetta’s BBQ!

7. kanzensakura says:

I’m not that fond of bananas but they showed it with frozen peaches and strawberries and kiwis. but its use was definitely limited.

Yes, I agree. A good smoothie blender is a better investment though you can’t make ice cream using one. But there are a lot of other options if you really want to make ice cream. If we bought one it would be used initially and then just gather dust!

9. kanzensakura says:

I bought a Cuisinart ice cream maker about 4 years ago. It has never gathered dust! sorbets, ice cream, slushy stuff for drinks. it is used enough that it is not relegated to a top shelf. In fact, this year I upgraded to a bit larger size. While full fat ice cream is a treat, sherbets and ices are good and not bad for you. I am experimenting with almond milk as an alternative. I became addicted to lemon Italian ices when Living in Philadelphia. The ice cream machine fixes up a batch of this with ease. Once you’ve become used to homemade ice cream without the corn syrup, thickeners, stabilizers, and artificial flavors, you’ll wonder how you ever ate commercial ice cream. Small perfect scoops of an extravagant flavor like green tea, dark chocolate, coffee make wonderful mini-desserts and make quite an impression. My Sunday School class teens in addition to learning to do sushi and udon, learned about homemade ice cream. Now, we have a regular “social” every other month. the small servings are perfect for them, it brings them closer to each other, and they bring and impress guests. This has been a real boon to a “clean” activity that lets them just be kids and have fun.

Your Sunday class sounds like a lot of fun! The socials are a great idea – anything to bring the kids together. I love sherbet! I never really thought about the difference between homemade ice cream and what you purchase in the store. We rarely buy ice cream – too many calories. As much as possible I like to keep things natural such as fresh fruit – like we discussed previously. I also like the idea of small dessert. And I know we discussed that in the past too, ha ha ha. Too bad we are not in the same area!

11. kanzensakura says:

They have learned truth in the old adage: “enough is as good as a feast”. I use fat free buttermilk for sherbet. It is thick and rich and adds a nice tartness without the calories. I puree pineapple and add to the buttermilk along with sweetner and let it sit for an hour in the fridge and it naturally thickens. When you use some fat along with milk and add the acid such as crushed strawberries, the mixture will thicken naturally. Today is going to be peach ice cream – a small dish, even though it is made with half and half and a bit of cream, will fully satishfy in a small amount – crushed fresh sweet peaches, vanilla, and just a little sugar is beyond wonderful and so pretty. fat free condensed milk and lime just makes a frozen key lime dessert. lemon will do the same with zest added. I have been playing with the ice cream maker for several years and thoroughly enjoy the challenges of making a deluxe dessert with reductions in fat and sugar. It was totally worth the $79 I paid for it. it makes 1 1/2 qts, not a large amount and so it is easy to get rid of and not have on hand. I think if we lived in the same area, we would have a lot of fun with fresh fruits and veggies and mini desserts.

This all sounds so wonderful. Did you do an ice cream series on your blog?? I like how you take ingredients like fat-free buttermilk and mixed with the right items it naturally thickens in the refrigerator. I would like to try that recipe!

13. kanzensakura says:

I haven’t done a series on ice cream. I did a post for green tea icecream. Any acid like lemon juice or vinegar will curdle or thicken milk. When I make strawberry, I let it sit in the fridge so it can thicken or if peach, I add lemon juice to the peaches and sugar. A great uncle, who was a cook in the Navy on ship told us sometimes, things would be in short supply. If they needed buttermilk, they would add lemon juice or vinegar to regular milk to curdle it. probably should do a post on it, but it will have to come in line behind several others I have I am working on and after midterms. it s one of those where I put it together just knowing how much I need to fill the freezing bowl. I have made key lime ice cream by using fat free sweetened condensed milk and lime juice, it is pretty intense in the recipe for the pie but when thinned down with milk and more sugar if needed, is really good.

Thanks for the tips. I do remember your post on green tea ice cream. I did make a version that was really good. What is going on with midterms? Are you a teacher or in college?

15. kanzensakura says:

I was retired because they felt they needed younger engineers…so. I was going to sue but after praying, talking to my husband and lawyer and even having a tight case, we decided all the time it would take, the dirt, the meanness wasn’t worth it. So I have gone back to to college in my first love, Pharmacy. Many of my classes transferred both in the sciences, math, chemistry, and liberal arts, so I am not in bad shape.

Sounds like everything worked out okay! I can imagine your situation was frustrating. Going down the legal path would have been stressful. Best wishes with your midterms!!

17. kanzensakura says:

Thank you! I have some bad days but am moving forward.

I can imagine – but I can tell you have a positive can-do attitude! πŸ™‚

19. kanzensakura says:

This out to be pretty close. You can use lemon or lime juice and zest.
        2 cups sugar, 1/2 c. lemon or lime juice, zest of one lemon/lime, 4 cups buttermilk, Mix and stir until sugar dissolves. Chill in fridge in non reactive bowl for about 2 -4 hours, adjust sugar/juice level to taste. Pour into freezer and freeze according to manufacturers directions. You can use fat free butter milk. Some crushed graham crackers for a garnsh is good.

Sounds wonderful!! πŸ™‚

2. I will take two of those Bernice!! Looks delicious, we made banana, mango, peach and strawberry Daiquiris while we were at the beach last week! We also made Lava Flow drinks. Adding the umbrella ads a nice touch! πŸ™‚

That sounds just fantastic! A great way to get in some fruit into your diet. The umbrella really makes it feel like you are on vacation – at least while the cocktail lasts! πŸ™‚

3. Sophie33 says:

2 very tasty recipes! I buy a lot of very ripe bananas & then freeze them in a ziplock bag too! Very handy indeed! x

Thanks Sophie! Yes, little things like freezing some bananas makes it so much easier when you want a cocktail or protein smoothie. πŸ™‚

1. Sophie33 says:

Or a vegan ice-cream soft serve! X

That sounds wonderful! I love soft serve!

3. Sophie33 says:

Me too! πŸ˜€

I do not care for hard ice cream – and when I do eat it I leave it soften a bit. πŸ™‚

Thank you for reblogging.

4. What an amazingly good use of bananas…

Yes it is! A very nice drink and fun to enjoy after such a harsh winter!