Family of ducks

Summer has just started in WNY. Greg and I have been walking the hiking trails every weekend enjoying the beautiful nature that surrounds us. Today I would like to share a few pictures of some ducks we saw during one of our hikes. I love the duck that was just hanging out in the stream – he had his own rock and was trying to dry himself. Somehow it seemed like he owned the area! Then along came a family of ducks going out for a family stroll! A peaceful sight! It is always enjoyable when you take a nature hike along water because you never know what you might see! Have a great day everyone!

Two Ducks 1

Single Duck 4

Single Duck 3

Single Duck 2

Single Duck 1

10 thoughts on “A beautiful summer day to watch the Ducks!

1. Hi Bernice!
    Looks like a beautiful day to enjoy outside, I also enjoy hiking a lot. Nice pictures of the Mallard ducks, I love the forth picture 🙂 🙂

Did you see my post on the large wading birds? Took the pictures while at Hilton Head on vacation last week!

Thanks Michael. I love watching ducks – they are so peaceful. Your wading bird pictures are great! We did a lot of day hikes this weekend as it was so beautiful with little humidity!

2. Heather says:

lol…our summer has arrived as well…took its time though! I enjoy watching these fellows myself…I love it when they dive in the water for food, with their feet up in the air… 🙂

Finally summer is here Heather after such a harsh winter that felt like it would never end! Ducks are so peaceful to watch – I like when they dive for food too!

3. cindy knoke says:

My kind of day!! Great shots~

Thank you! I spending a lot of time on the weekends hiking and taking pictures – trying to take better shots! 🙂

Thank you! It was a beautiful day that you hated for it to end!

So agree! 🙂