12 thoughts on “Wordless Wednesday: Whisky Barrels for Flower Planters

1. Deb says:

I have success growing tomatoes in these too!

What a great idea and they would look really good too in a whiskey barrel!!

2. Leslie says:

I have an entire herb garden in six of these barrels. They are right off the back deck near the kitchen door in easy reach of my scissors – and out of reach of the bunnies.

What a wonderful idea – I just love the ideal of herbs in a whiskey barrel!!

3. onemunchingmomma says:

Great idea! I will have to keep this in mind!

It is amazing how many people have commented that they use the whiskey barrels for tomato plants, herbs, hostas and other plants. They also looked good to have on your patio.

4. willowdot21 says:

great for any plants!!

I am surprised how popular they are as I got several comments on how people use them for their tomato plants, herbs, and other plants. Now I wish I bought one when I was at Lowe’s!

5. Bernice, I have one with the hosta Sum & Substance growing in it. Sum & Substance is a huge hosta and it has fill the entire half barrel. It looks great 🙂 Be sure to add drainage holes if you plant in it!

Now that is a good tip! Drainage holes! I can imagine it would look great with a large hosta in it! Maybe next time I am at Lowe’s I will need to purchase one.

6. Sophie33 says:

A great cool,idea, dear Bernice! 😀

I loved how they look – now I wish I got a whiskey barrel for a few plants! Maybe next time.