Buttermilk Herb Dip
It was a beautiful weekend in New York – it seems finally after a harsh winter we are getting nice weather. Today it was about 80 with no humidity. We will enjoy that while we can! Here is a really simple summer dip that I adapted from Cooking Appetizers. There are a lot of wonderful recipes that you can discover and modify to your own taste! I did not have any fresh herbs so I used dried. It was really good – but if you have fresh it definitely will add another dimension to this recipe! It is great as a simple appetizer to a party or a snack in the evening. I made it with a lot of “light” ingredients to reduce some of the calories. It might be a way to get a picky eater to try a few vegetables and then hopefully transition to eating them without the dip! I am a fan of fresh vegetables that are not cooked to retain their nutrients.

We had an active weekend with working around the house, a wonderful nature hike, a delicious breakfast at Pappas, and I am including a few pictures from this afternoons adventure at Beaver Island State Park!

1 cup plain yogurt, low-fat
1 cup sour cream, light
½ cup buttermilk, light
1 tbsp red vinegar
2 tbsp chives
1 tbsp dill
salt and pepper
Hot sauce, if desired

Mix together ingredients and chill over night. Serve with your favorite vegetables!

Beaver Island 5

Beaver Island 4

Beaver Island 3

Beaver Island 2

Beaver Island

16 thoughts on “Buttermilk Herb Dip – Great with Vegetables!

1. Tanya says:

This sounds delicious 🙂

Thanks! It was a nice light dip. Perfect for summer.

2. kanzensakura says:

I l.o.v.e. this stuff. It goes with veggies, on mashed or baked taters, over broiled chicken…it is major yum.

That is a good point – it is versatile! I don’t know if you saw that I posted the Bourbon Dipping Sauce recipe. We have been enjoying it this weekend.

3. Today it is so hot that cooking is not going to happen but I can certainly put together this lovely dip and serve with some veggies. Cool and refreshing. Great outdoor photos too. I hope you are doing well. Take Care, BAM

I had to check Hong Kong time and temperature. You are 12-hours ahead of us and it is 90 degrees where you live! That is hot at 9:00 am! This dip is light making it a good option for summer. Plus if you have fresh herbs it would be even better!

4. The dip sounds yummy! Beaver Island State Park looks like a wonderful place to visit.

Thanks Kristah! The dip is light and refreshing. Beaver Island is a beautiful state park right on the water. It is always a nice get away for a day trip.

5. alifemoment says:

Delicious dip! 🙂

Thank you! It is a light dip – especially since I used light ingredients. It goes well with vegetables and I would imagine chips and such. Plus as another blogger mentioned, you could use it as a topping on baked potatoes and foods that you like to add a dressing.

1. alifemoment says: