IMG_5013

This weekend I attended the yearly two-day Just Joy Women’s Conference that I look forward to every year because it is an uplifting experience, a time of renewal, great teaching, worship, and time with friends. I will share the details of this two-day experience over a few postings. The conference started Friday night with a wonderful charismatic worship, testimony and teaching by Carol McLeod, a popular speaker and teacher at women’s events. To learn more about Carol, her ministry, and new book click here.

I loved the theme of this conference because it was based upon “what is your legacy”? Ironically on Thursday I presented to the Software Testing department and a few other technical employees a three-year vision for the testers. As part of my presentation I discussed different testers who have made a difference in our field. I concluded with Jerry Weinberg who is the father of software testing. I passed around a copy of a book called The Gift of Time that was written by influential testers and consultants to honor Jerry Weinberg on his 75th birthday on his contribution to Information Technology and how he influenced their careers. Imagine your legacy living on and people honoring you in such a way on your 75th birthday. Then the next day I attended the women’s conference and each of Carol’s teaching had a “Heroine of the Faith”. The first heroine was Corrine Ten Boom who with her family helped many Jews escape the Nazis. From Carol’s teaching: Do you ever wonder what your legacy will be? What will you be remembered for? What is important to us on this side of heaven creates that legacy.

At the end of the evening we had a wonderful treat of a Complimentary Dessert Bar with 900 miniature, gourmet desserts. All made by a wonderful lady Sandy who is very talented and generous with her time. Most of the desserts were made that day to ensure they were fresh and not the least bit stale for the conference! They were just decadent!

IMG_5012

IMG_4962

IMG_0634

IMG_0632

IMG_0630

IMG_0626

IMG_0625

12 thoughts on “Just Joy Women’s Conference – No More Ordinary – Dessert Bar!

1. kanzensakura says:

Wow! Look at those wonderful desserts! It is interesting that our former pastor’s wife is Dutch and actually was Corrie ten Boom’s assistant at one time. Our women’s conference will be in May, at the beach. these times are so wonderful, to connect to women of faith, get encouraged, get new ideas, learn new worship music. I am really looking forward to more about this!

The desserts were awesome and a really nice touch to the conference. Is your conference on the beach? I always come out with something new from these conferences – whether it is a Bible verse or an encouraging phrase / view on life. I really like the heroine of faith stories so I am sure I will love her new book.

1. kanzensakura says:

We always have it in mid-may when it is nice and warm. There is an excellent hotel, right on the beach that has been used for the past 10 years. they are very good to us. I like to get a balcony room, a few floors up. I can look across the ocean to watch the sun rise and during times of rest, look down on the boardwalk and watch people. It is a very enjoyable time for many reasons.

That sounds just fantastic! I love the idea of a relaxing view during an uplifting women’s conference. Sounds perfect!!

2. cindy knoke says:

How wonderfully creative!

They were almost too beautiful to eat!! But we did! 🙂

3. willowdot21 says:

I am soooooooooooooooooooo jealous!

The desserts and conference was fabulous!!