This recipe can now be located at Supper Plate.  Please consider following us at our new Blog for your favorite recipes from Realistic Cooking Ideas and many new recipes! We thank you for your continual support!

17 thoughts on “Chili and the Superbowl – a Great Combination!!

1. Your chili looks delicious Bernice!! I made a big pot of homemade chili this week and just finished having a bowl. Sat down to look at my email and there was your post! 🙂 Chili and or soup is great on the cold winter days we have been having.

Did you see my recent post on making Crème Brûlée, one of my favorites!

Stay warm! It was 4 degrees here this morning, Brrr….

Michael that is ironic! I just saw your creme brulee recipe – it looks fantastic!! It is bitter cold here. Around -20F with wind chill – just bitter and frigid.

2. kanzensakura says:

Always a winner! you asked about my game day menu, I had decided to change to chili. I posted a slow cooker chili and that is what is happening. = with corn bread of course. this recipe sounds good and I think I am going to borrow some of it for mine. I like collaborations!

Collaboration is the foundation of cooking. 🙂 Take the best from several recipes to come up with your own! 🙂 I still need to finish my menu but so far I have Buffalo “Wings” meatballs.

1. kanzensakura says:

Sounds good!!! I was thinking of the slow cooker chili, cornbread and the teriyaki wings I posted ages ago. Or the karage chicken. Different. chips, hummus, some veggies, and a cocktail punch I make from ginger ale and sparkling while grape juice.

That all sounds wonderful!!!

3. Lauren Lane says:

I haven’t made homemade chili in awhile and hadn’t even thought of it for the superbowl! I used to make it all the time when I was in college in Boston. Thanks for the recipe and for jogging my memory! My husband will be so excited…it has been freezing here in D.C.

4. Love the chili recipe, Bernice, its perfectly healthy while being deliciously wholesome! Congratulations on the new role and good luck, what an interesting job:)

Thank you Peri! The chili is really good and the new job will have some great and rewarding challenges. 🙂

5. Congratulations on your promotion, your position sounds interesting and the chili delightful!

Thanks so much. It definitely opens up new opportunities for me. 🙂

6. I always seem to have the same thing for the Super Bowl each year: jalapeno nachos and beer!………..lol

ha ha ha. Traditions are always good!

7. Hi Bernice, your Chilli looks so delicious. Although I am a huge fan of what you would call “classic” Chilli, the idea falls apart at my house because there is always something that somebody won’t eat! I do like the idea of using Turkey however and it IS still early in the morning AND my wife is at work …… maybe I’ll just prepare some for myself right now ……

Thank you! I never cared for chili until I made this recipe and I prefer it with turkey. I hope you had a chance to make a pot of chili for yourself!!

1. Update: I did make a pot, and I ate the whole thing! I may have to do this on a monthly basis!

You know I have not made my turkey chili yet this winter – I better make a pot soon!!