As 2013 is coming to a close, I thought I would share a few recipes that have been my readers’ favorite over the past 22-months. In February my cooking blog will be two-years old! I have ventured into a lot of different cuisines and many times was out of my comfort level! But I always believe that is when we learn and further develop our skills. My cooking blog has provided an avenue to try new ingredients and break the routine of making the same 5-dishes in winter and then rotating another 5-dishes into summer. I tend to adapt recipes to ingredients my husband and I like. For example we do not eat dark meat from a chicken; therefore, I will only use boneless, skinless, chicken in those recipes. But if you like chicken legs and wings then add it to the recipe. Plus I will never claim my recipes are authentic as I venture into different types of dishes. There is a personal element to cooking, which in my opinion, makes it so much more fun because you can add your creative touches to anyone’s recipes. Remove ingredients you do not like to substitute what you do enjoy. But be sure to try new spices, herbs, and ingredients before ruling them out. Make a dish healthier by reducing the fat and adding more vegetables. Plus take any existing recipe that is getting rather boring and make a few changes to it. Suddenly you have a “new” dish. If you serve a particular dish with a biscuit, try an artisan or other specialty bread to make a small change to the dish. It seems everyone is so busy these days and the demands on your time only increases. In 2014 I will be cooking with a pressure cooker – definitely new territory for me! Hopefully I will be able to share a few recipes – once I learn how to use it! I am working on a few new recipes for next year – in the meantime enjoy a few readers’ favorites.

Thank you to everyone who follows my blog. I appreciate every “like” and every comment. When you start a cooking blog you wonder will anyone follow and read my recipes. Do I have anything interesting to talk about? I hope you continue to find my blog helpful and interesting. Your feedback definitely helps on what you like and how you adapt my recipes. Happy New Year’s everyone and happy cooking!

Basic Stir Fry Final Picture
Click here for A Basic Stir Fry Recipe

Chai tea poured with tea pot
Click here for Indian Spice Tea Recipe

Oven Roasted Red Potatoes Cover Picture
Click here for Easy-to-Make Oven-Roasted Red Potatoes Recipe

Smoked BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich
Click here for Smoked BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich Recipe

Pistachio Pudding Pie Final Picture
Click here for 30-Minute or Less Pistachio Pudding Pie Recipe

Rosemary Chicken Kabobs on Grill with Charring
Click here for Rosemary Chicken Kabobs Recipe

grilled-potatoes-in-foil-packets-finished1
Click here for Grilled Potatoes in Foil Packets Recipe

23 thoughts on “A few favorite recipes over the past 22-months

1. Nice post. Very well presented dishes…

Thank you! I love trying new recipes and ingredients. 🙂

2. foodbod says:

Thank you for sharing your lovely collection ☺️ here’s to reading more of your news in 2014!

Thank you! It is always interesting to see which recipes people enjoy. I am looking forward to making new/revised recipes in 2014!

3. ummmm those roasted potatoes. I can hear the crisp

Thanks… they are awesome!… and so simple to make…. plus if you have left overs they heat over nicely….

Me too!! That is one small problem of a cooking blog…. I get hungry just writing the posts!!

1. willowdot21 says:

I get hungry reading them!

I guess that is good! 🙂

4. I enjoyed looking through your list of favorites (I see I’ve missed a couple and will need to visit those posts!) and your suggestions for transforming a particular recipe. I love that you mention making the same 5 or 6 things in a season…I do that too! I’ve enjoyed getting to know you this past year.

Best wishes for a happy, healthy new year!
    Allison

Thank you Allison! I also need to check out your blog to see if I missed anything recently. I got a bit behind with Thanksgiving and then Christmas. I have enjoyed reading the stories about your lovely family! To a fabulous 2014!! Bernice

1. I have several blogs that I’ve got to go back through as well. The craziness of the holidays really limits visiting with my favorite blogs (yours included).

Thank you for the kind words! 🙂

Your welcome! Have a fabulous New Years with your family!

5. This looks fantastic for the New Years! Hope you have a happy holiday.

Thank you! I hope you have a wonderful New Years! I also look forward to a fresh “new years canvas” to work from.

6. ….MMM it all looks good but I love potatoes so I would have to choose the red potatoes and the grilled potatoes with onions in the foil packet!! 🙂

Happy New Year to you and your family Bernice!

I adore potatoes – and both recipes are awesome! I hope you have a wonderful New Years with your family!

7. Heather says:

dinner is served…awesome Bernice…some I remember seeing others I think were before I began following. I look forward to a year of more!

Thanks Heather. It is always fun to see which recipes are more popular. I am working on a few new recipes over the New Years holidays. Hopefully I will be posting a new one in the next couple of days.

8. Victoria says:

All….look very delicious!

Thank you! It is alway fun to try new recipes! 🙂