I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. It is a cold day with a system-wide snow. So all the snow that melted last week has come back! Tomorrow I will be baking a couple of new cookies. Because I have a lot of new readers I though I would share a few recipes that I posted last year. I have loved Peanut Blossom Kisses cookies since I was a child. They were always a treat that my mom and aunts made but only for Christmas. I guess that made them more special. It was wonderful to have a hershey kiss surrounded by a peanut butter cookie. What a fabulous combination!! The sour cream drop cookie I enjoy more as an adult. It is a wonderful compliment to a hot beverage. And of course I love cinnamon! Being someone who adores chocolate, the Chewy Chocolate Drop cookies are just too addicting for me. The combination of a chocolate cookie with chocolate icing is just heavenly!! I love chewy cookies – I do not care for crunchy, messy cookies. The Caramel Filled (Surprise) Chocolate cookie is another favorite. Of course it has chocolate! If you can, eat it while it is still a bit warm because it really brings out the chocolate flavor and the surprise center! I am not baking too much this year. At work we are having a “Zero Gain” campaign to not gain any weight through the holidays. It is sponsored through our health insurance, Independent Health, and you weighed in with one of their nurses before Thanksgiving. After New Years we weigh in again to see if we maintained our weight. If we do, we receive a small prize and a ticket for a grand prize. If you lose weight you get two tickets. It is a good motivator for me to watch my calories since this entire holiday season is a dangerous time for me! What are your baking plans? Are you baking any cookies or pies?

Peanut Blossom Kisses
Click here for Mama’s Peanut Blossom Kisses!

Sour Cream Cookies final picture
Click here for Mama’s Sour Cream Drop cookies

Chewy Chocolate Drop Cookies Cover Picture
Click here for Chewy Chocolate Drop Cookies

Caramel Filled Cookies Cover Picture
Click here for Caramel Filled (Surprise) Chocolate Cookies

17 thoughts on “Christmas Cookies Previously Posted

1. mamasheri says:

Peanut butter blossoms….family recipe from childhood!

Yes…. so fun to eat!!!

2. Heather says:

the kisses look awesome, well they all do… 🙂 I don’t usually bake, my daughter-in-law does, but this year she won’t be so I’ll do a very small amount as it always calls my name very loudly! Interesting challenge you are doing at work!

This year I am making very few cookies. The challenge is interesting and hopefully helps us from gaining weight! This time of the year is such a struggle. Too cold and nasty to be outside so I sit in front of my computer day and night. Feels like you barely move. Then add a plateful of cookies every night. ha ha ha. Best wishes with your baking!

3. Yummy! I can almost smell cinnamon!

Thank you so much for your sharing in our third year celebration of Women’s Window, Bernice! Your comments have been so welcome and the link to your delicious goodies is coveted by so many readers.
    Blessings on this holiday season and praise the Lord for His peace and joy! Shalom

Fondly,
    Jeanne

Thank you Jeanne for your kind words and blessing! I wish you all of God’s Blessings in all that you do! Warm wishes, Bernice

4. Doreen says:

I love cookies. I just found you. Very exciting!! I also just “Liked” Cooking With Mr. C. ” on Facebook. It takes you to a very cool blog with a great “Cookie” category. Happy holidays !!! Doreen

Thank you for stopping by Doreen and for the tip on Cooking With Mr. C. I like to follow other bloggers as I am always inspired by other people. I also have a FB page but I really do not get much traffic from it. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Years! Bernice

Thank you! They made a nice arrangement when I had a variety of cookies on a platter.

5. Peanut butter blossoms are my eldest son’s favourite cookie

A good pick by the eldest son!! They bring back good memories. 🙂

6. thank you for the cookie recipes, they look so delicious!!

Michael

Your welcome. I hope you find a recipe or two that you like! Bernice

7. What would Christmas be with out holiday cookies? Terrible♥

So very true. We need some yummy cookies to enjoy during the Christmas season! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and New Years!!