Twice Baked Potato Casserole

Lately there have been articles about passwords being stolen for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google. Click here to read the most recent story. Many of the stolen passwords were weak ones. In the article they mentioned: “123456”, “123456789”, “1234”, and “password.” Many people use their name, children names or other words that are easy to remember but it is information that can be easily found by criminals to hack your account. Why don’t people create strong passwords? Because they are hard to remember. But there is good news. There are techniques you can use to create and remember strong passwords. The easiest method is to take the first letter of a phrase and add special characters and numbers. Plus you need to use upper and lower case characters. Make sure you password is at least 8 characters in length.

For example:
“How to be a great writer” translates to: H2bAgW@38 or H2baGR8wrtr!

Many people will tell you to not write down your password and of course that makes it harder to remember them. You can write them down – just be careful. I would never store a listing of my passwords and what they are being used for stored on my computer. I would suggest reviewing all your passwords and changing any weak passwords. I do not believe there are any standards to create a strong password. The Password Meter may help provide more guidance on creating a strong password.

Now on to the cooking….. I adore twice-baked potatoes – they are such a special treat! However, I do not always have the time to make them. As an alternative I make them as a casserole. I cannot give you exact measurements since it will depend upon how many potatoes you use plus your own taste tests. Below is my basic recipe.

Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed

Butter
Light sour cream
Light cream cheese
Light cream or milk
Sea salt
White pepper

Cheddar cheese, optional
Green onions, optional
Chives, optional

Boil the cubed potatoes like you do for mashed potatoes. Once tender I like to drain them and put them back onto the stovetop for about a minute to remove any excess moisture. Mix the potatoes until smooth. Then add your ingredients. I like to make my smooth and creamy, but you can also leave them a bit chunky or thicker. Sometimes I serve mine at this point; however you can place them into a casserole and top with cheddar cheese or any other topping and bake. Then you will truly have a twice-bake potatoe casserole!

18 thoughts on “Twice-Baked Potato Casserole and Creating a Strong Password for your Accounts

1. kanzensakura says:

Yummy! I love the juxtaposition of the two subjects – yummy taters and strong passwords….just doesn’t get any better.

ha ha – yep it doesn’t get much better. Except to add some Star Trek and Doctor Who. 🙂

1. kanzensakura says:

and on 12/25, 47 Ronin…..finally. After a year of waiting

🙂 There is a lot of good tv and movies coming out lately!!

3. kanzensakura says:

I’m excited. Because I have a Kindle and Amazon prime, I can stream free videos, movies, tv….I’ve been wearing my poor tablet out watching Dr. Who. I am looking at the first “season” now. What fun.

I got Amazon prime a couple of months ago. I am just getting into streaming tv shows…and I am starting with Doctor Who, the 9th doctor. I am going to watch every episode and then move on to the 10th doctor. I really like the 9th doctor. Too bad he was only on for one year. I like that he had a leather jacket instead of the longer jackets. I must admit I am a bit hesitant about getting a 12th doctor. I really like Matt Smith as the doctor. I was the same way with Star Trek. I always had a very hard time changing to a new captain – I get far too attached!!

2. Everything you’ve shared about creating good passwords is such a great reminder to those of us who are not tech savvy and little lazy about those things (thank you!). I love your recipe and I think it would be fun to spoon the potato mixture into individual ramekins to serve guests. It sounds just delicious!

Yes little ramekins would be wonderful! I love individual serving dishes. And I am glad you like the information on creating strong passwords. I hope a few people find the information helpful. 🙂

3. Cindy Green says:

Great info on the recipe and a good password! Thanks for posting

I am glad you enjoyed the information on the tips for creating a strong passwords. These days you cannot be too careful.

4. Like the simple potato casserole and touch of green chives to it…and your password hints are perfect, I’ve seen so many accounts get hacked, using characters like @ and # are perfect ways to strengthen passwords…

Thanks Peri. The special characters are a great way to make a password stronger. You just cannot be too careful anymore. So many hackers. As for the potato casserole – it is one of my favorites.