Baked Chicken Masala

Many of us are counting down to Thanksgiving and getting our menus ready. I purchased a few more serving items to add to the presentation on Thanksgiving day. I love serving dishes, plates, napkins, and all those decorative pieces. Hopefully I will work a few of them into my upcoming recipe postings. There are still a few more recipes I want to try to see if they make the final menu. I also want to thank everyone who has given me support on my second blog: The Testers Edge. If you would like to know more about my earlier days as a programmer and how I became a software tester, click here. Recently Microsoft ended their controversial stack ranking of employees and Yahoo just implemented the practice. For my thoughts on performance reviews click here.

Now on to the cooking! This is an easy recipe that goes well with my Apple Mint Chutney as a topping. I was inspired from this recipe and made a few changes. I will not claim this is a traditional Indian recipe but we did enjoy it as the chicken was moist and the marinade added a nice flavor topped with the apple chutney. It all went together nicely even though you may think cilantro and mint may not be a good mix. I would imagine you could grill this chicken though you may need to clean your grill afterwards because the marinade is paste-like.

Chicken:
2 Chicken Breasts, skinless, boneless

Marinade:
6-ounce Plain, no-fat, Greek Yogurt
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1/8 cup Cilantro, coarsely chopped
1 tbsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Kosher Salt
1 Garlic Clove, pressed

Mix marinade ingredients. Coat chicken on all sides and place in a sealed container. Refrigerate at least 2-hours and up to 24-hours.

Preheat your oven to 400°F. Add chicken to a baking dish. You may want to spray it first with a non-stick spray. You can discard any remaining marinade but your chicken will be coated with marinade. Bake about 35-minutes or until chicken is properly cooked.

12 thoughts on “Baked Chicken Masala

1. LFFL says:

I love place settings and dishes too. I like different colors and styles for different occasions. So fun!

It is so much fun! I tend to change my dishes periodically because I like to have something different. I am always looking for serving dishes that are on sale so I can have more instead of less. We actually had to purchase another cabinet so I could store all of them!

2. Heather says:

I have a set of dishes for everyday and a “good” set of dishes…that is it for me! 🙂 having said that I love the look of a variety of colors and themes…but for me simple white works as I’ve a great deal of dark wood around…

Simple white is nice because just about any type of food looks good on the plate. I like dark wood – such a rich, warm feeling. I could go crazy with purchasing dishes and plating items. I always have to stop myself!

1. Heather says:

lol…I used to buy a great deal, but when I moved I downsized to what I have now…I do my very best to limit the kind of impulse buying that I used to indulge in! So far it is working… 😉 who knows for how long though?

I know what you mean! Sometimes when I really want something new I will find something that I am not using to donate. Sometimes. 🙂

3. willowdot21 says:

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

🙂 Hope all is going well for you!

4. Sheryl says:

It looks delicious! And, I liked the beautifully composed picture. I can almost taste the Chicken Masala.

Thank you so much!!