Oven Roasted Red Potatoes Cover Picture
I had to share this simple and delicious recipe for oven-roasted red potatoes. Many of my readers may have already tried a similar recipe – but with the colder weather returning for many of us – it is time to get the oven going! This is a fun dish because you can experiment with different seasonings and make enough for left-overs. They heat up nicely the next day. Also use a stick-free foil to line your baking pan for easier cleanup. If you don’t have a stick-free foil, you can use regular foil and lightly coat it with stick-free spray.

Now I need a simple meal for Halloween night. Greg will start carving the pumpkins tomorrow night and the house and outside is decorated. We have pumpkin lights that guide the sidewalk to our porch. Greg will place tea lights in each of the carved pumpkins for the children to enjoy. Click here for last year posting with pictures. We have the movie Halloween playing – I love the opening where the pumpkin slowly comes into view and then takes over the screen. We are also watching the Paranormal Activity 1 – 4. When I watched the first movie it did not make a lot of sense to me and seem rather disjointed. But once I watched the second and third movie it made more sense. Though the third movie is rather terrifying with the witches. We have not seen the fourth one yet – I can only imagine! Last week through our Amazon Prime account we watch the movie Patty Duke was in – Grave Secrets: The Legacy of Hilltop Drive. It did seem a bit dated but I do like Patty Duke. The actor who played her husband, David Selby, looked familiar. I found out he played Quentin Collins in Dark Shadows. When watching the original I did not realize he was so tall! I loved watching that show especially when they got into parallel universes. Do you have any favorite Halloween type movies?

1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes scrubbed and cut in half (do not peel)
Sweet onion, cut in wedges
3 tablespoons olive oil, more if desired

Seasonings:
Pepper
¼ tsp Sea Salt
½ tsp Dried Basil
½ tsp Dried Dillweed
½ tsp Aleppo Pepper Crushed
Parmesan Cheese

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Toss potatoes and onion with olive oil. Place potatoes in a single layer on a stick-free foil lined baking sheet. Sprinkle seasonings over the potatoes and onions. Bake uncovered 30 to 40 minutes, turning half way through baking time.

Oven Roasted Red Potatoes before placing in oven
Oven Roasted Red Potatoes out of oven
Oven Roasted Red Potatoes top view

39 thoughts on “Easy-to-Make Oven-Roasted Red Potatoes

1. KidazzleInk says:

Oh and I do so love baked potatoes. Your lovely photos are making me hungry. I bet they were scrumptious.

They were really good right out of the oven and warmed over the next day. I love baked potatoes too and this was a nice option. I also liked that they only took a few minutes to prepare and while they were baking I could make another dish.

1. KidazzleInk says:

Yes might cook them for dinner myself tonight.

If you make them – enjoy!!

2. Heather says:

delicious…I do potatoes like this with out the spices, just salt and pepper, onions, a bit of cheese…I’m not a huge fan of potatoes but I like them like this.

Heather – that sounds great! I love these quick dishes. I have been seeing a lot of recipes for sweet potatoes that are similar to bake potatoes. Add your favorite seasonings and bake. I might have to try it out. I make sweet potatoes on the stove top – but time to try some new recipes.

3. Potatoes, hmmm, my favourite. I wish someone would cook for me

ha ha… well these are pretty darn easy to make…. or do you just want someone to cook for you? 🙂

1. I just want someone to cook for me! I rather eat than cook.

I know what you mean. Sometimes after making a meal I do not really feel like eating it.

3. Well, when you don’t feel like eating your cooking, you know where to send it over! ;p

ha ha ha – Indeed I do!

4. Sheryl says:

The potatoes look delicious. I like easy recipes. I’ll have to give this one a try.

Thanks! They were really good! I hope you enjoy them too.

5. Oh, these looks wonderful! I like the combination of herbs with the Parmesan cheese. These would be welcome at the dinner table in our home, especially if I served them alongside a ribeye steak (medium rare)!

I always loved potatoes and got tired of baked potatoes. So the red potatoes are a nice change from russet. The left overs also warmed over nicely the next day.

6. You’re gonna make me lose my figure, Bernice. Many thanx for this recipe.

Your welcome! It is winter and a dangerous time for gaining weight. But just have a small portion and you will be okay. 🙂

7. 2ndhalfolife says:

I’ve been putting a sweet potato in the microwave almost every night for dinner! Yum.

Sounds wonderful!! I need to get into more sweet potatos – so good for you.

1. 2ndhalfolife says:

It’s so easy, delicious and good for me too! I add all sorts of goodies depending on the evening. I’m a vegan and gluten free, so my diet becomes limited.

It is always fun taking an ingredient and making small changes to keep reinventing it.

8. Kasih says:

Hi Bernice,
    The potatoes look tasty I should try this recipe.

Thank you! They are wonderful. Plus you could add some carrots or any other root vegetables that you think would roast well together. I like that they are easy to make and you can be preparing the remaining courses while they are baking.

1. Kasih says:

Thank you. I think i will love this dish ! 🙂

Your welcome. Enjoy! 🙂

9. Sandy says:

Reblogged this on As I wander around our wonderful earth, I slowly find myself and commented:
    These look so delicious!!! Wow!

Thank you for reblogging – it is one of my favorite side dishes!

10. John Apodaca says:

Looks great, I want to try it.

They are excellent and you can always add carrots and other root vegetables. They are also good the next day!

11. gardeden says:

Yum! Always love good roasted potatoes :). We make our own Vegan Parmesan cheese, so will have to try it with this recipe of yours. We often put herbs with our potatoes, but using ‘cheese’ sounds gorgeous. Thanks for liking my blog post: “Warming Winter Spicy Soup (Vegan/Vegetarian/Gluten Free/Dairy Free/Healthy)” Cheers, Suz.

Your vegan parm cheese sounds good! I love this recipe because sometimes I add carrots, turnips and other root vegetables and they are just wonderful! Nothing like roasted vegetables. If I am making a soup I often roast the vegetables first for added flavors. Thanks for stopping by! Bernice

1. gardeden says:

Oh yes, we love our “roast vege salad” we call it too. We have started harvesting our carrots and turnips and the Kohl Rabi is nearly ready – they go nicely roasted in with the other root vege too. Oh, the Rutabuga is about to go in now, nothing like a nice roasted Swede (which is what we call them in NZ.)

That all sounds so wonderful! I love vegetables out of the garden! So fresh and beautiful aromas.