Ratatouille Tilapia Cover Picture
It is definitely getting cold here in the Northeast! Actually bitter cold and I for one am not ready for this weather. I was good with the warmer temps. Now I have to wear a coat and socks! No more sandals – too cold. What kind of weather are you getting? I will still being sharing more postings on our New Hampshire hiking trip and I will start making more new recipes. This one I adopted from this website. I made some changes to it and I am sure you will add your own special touches. It was easy to make and very tasty. I served it with mashed potatoes, but if you make more of the ratatouille topping you could serve it over wide pasta noodles or rice. I do think there are a lot of options based upon what is in your pantry. Enjoy!

Tilapia

1/2 tbsp dried Italian Seasonings
1 small can (14.5 oz) Diced Tomatoes
1 tbsp Tomato Paste
Brown Sugar, optional
Basil, optional

Sauce
Chop zucchini and green pepper to make about 1 1/2 cups. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook zucchini, pepper, onion, garlic, and salt stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes.

Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste and Italian seasonings; cover and simmer until thickened and vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Add brown sugar if you would like a little sweetness.

Tilapia
Meanwhile, in shallow dish, coat the tilapia fillets in seasoned flour, turning to coat; shake off excess.

In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook fish until crispy and golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve with ratatouille sauce and top with basil.

10 thoughts on “Ratatouille Tilapia

1. Archita says:

I’m going to try this ..thank you for sharing.:)

I do hope you enjoy it! I like that it was quick and easy to make after a busy day.

2. Delicious looking photo and awesome name for your blog! Busy people always need practical recipes for their hectic lives. 🙂

Thank you! I try to make quick recipes and dishes like Orange Walnut Chicken and Sweet and Sour Chicken that last for a few days. They warm over nicely and often I will start prepping the ingredients a day early to save time after work. 🙂

1. …and that’s exactly why I’m following your blog! Keep the deliciousness coming! 🙂

Thank you so much – I do appreciate the follow. 🙂

3. Heather says:

sounds delicious! Today is a rainy cold day, I think one of those all day rains…the north end with is a higher elevation is experiencing “snow”…when I can’t wear my sandals or flip flops and I have to wear a jacket it is tooooo cold for me! I could go on and on but I won’t, because I live in north eastern Ontario…have a great day! 😉

It is very cold and rainy here too today! Nothing like those beautiful fall and summer days. I am pretty much hibernating. 🙂

Thank you for the reblog!