Apple Pear Puff Pancake Cover Picture
I am continuing my quest to try different pancakes with this time venturing into a baked puffed pancake! It is nice to be able to bake your “pancakes” while preparing the topping. I made my puff pancake in an 8-inch round casserole dish so mine came out a bit thicker. The fruit topping is what really makes this dish so be sure to use your favorite apples for a baked dish and add sugar, cinnamon, and any of your favorite ingredients to make a delicious topping. You could skip the pears if you do not have any in the house. Plus you could also change the pancake batter to add additional flavor or keep it as it is allowing the topping to be the star of the dish!

I got this recipe from click here and I made a few minor changes.

Pancake Ingredients:
1 tbsp butter (for the casserole pan)
4 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
Pepper

Fruit Topping:
1 tbsp butter
2 – 3 Apples, sliced
2 – 3 pears, sliced
3 tbsp sugar
Cinnamon, to taste
Maple syrup, optional

Place butter in a 10-inch ovenproof casserole dish; place in a 425° oven to melt butter. Blend together remaining pancake ingredients until fluffy. I used my hand mixer and it worked well. Pour mixture into the hot casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until puffy and cooked through. While the pancake is baking, make the topping by melting butter in a large skillet. Add apples, pears, sugar, and cook for 10-20 minutes or until fruit is tender. Stir occasionally. Add cinnamon to your taste. Cut the puffed pancake into wedges; place on plate and then add your fruit topping. Serve with syrup if desired.

16 thoughts on “Apple Pear Baked Puffed Pancake

Thanks! It is that time of year with lots of apples and need a few new recipes.

1. samokan says:

Sound really good.

Thank you! It is different then a regular pancake but was a nice change.

2. i hate seeing yummy food online before bedtime, it makes me hungry!

I am the same way! Or when I am working on my blog and all of a sudden I get hungry!

1. At least you can go eat the tasty meal you prepared earlier!

Yes, I do love trying different recipes!

3. This looks good and I would like to try it. It reminds me of a clafuti. I’ve got apples and pears but only 1 egg! Time to add it to my list!

I hope that you enjoy the recipe – mine came out a little thicker since I used an 8″ casserole pan. If you have an oven proof frying pan – you can also use that.

Thank you for the reblog – much appreciated! Enjoy!

1. You’re welcome! Merry Christmas