Apple Martini
Today is a beautiful fall day and we are going leaf peeping this afternoon. The leaves are at their peak and I do not think they will last another week. Hopefully I will have some great pictures to share in the upcoming days. In the meantime, I am sharing a basic recipe for a crisp and refreshing Apple Martini. This would be a great cocktail on those hot summer days! This is a low-calorie version since I used basic ingredients resulting in about 120 calories per drink. I love using lemon sparkling water in my cocktails because it imparts some flavor but does not add any calories! Consider using an apple vodka, apple liqueur, or apple juice to add more of an apple flavor. There are a lot of variations based upon ingredients you might have in the house. Just remember if you substitute ingredients you might be adding calories. I worked from the recipe that you can find here.

1 small Apple, peeled and diced
3 oz Vodka
1/8 cup Lime Juice
1/2 tbsp Sugar
1 cup Lemon Sparkling Water

In a measuring cup, place apple, vodka, lime juice and sugar. Stir well; refrigerate until chilled. Add some ice into a martini shaker and then add your ingredients that are chilling in the refrigerator and the sparkling water. Shake well and then pour into chilled martini glasses. Garnish with a slice of apple.

12 thoughts on “Apple Martini

1. kanzensakura says:

This sounds good. I’ll make a “virgin” version of this. I like this sort of thing a lot! Enjoy the leaves. Ours, being down South, are slowly beginning to turn. I can hardly wait for them to explode.

I want to start making mocktails – but I did not have any apple juice to use this time. Leaves have not peaked here yet – we went out today and they are starting to turn. I will share pictures but am hoping to get out again next week. Timing is always tricky as you are often a bit too early or a bit too late!

Thank you for reblogging!

2. willowdot21 says:

Just might have to try this!!

It is really good and is light. If you want more apple flavor you will need to add apple juice or something similar. I did like it the way it came out.

3. Heather says:

I’ve never actually had a martini…I don’t really care much for the taste of alcohol…although I’ve a few wines I enjoy. Enjoy the colorus…our leaves weren’t as red or as bright this year as others…we had a great deal of rain in the spring…

You can turn a lot of the martinis into mocktails. In my future postings I am going to try and give an idea on how you might swap out the alcohol for other ingredients. We saw some nice colors this weekend but a lot of trees still have not turned yet. We have had a lot of warm days, which might not be helping. I will try and post a few pictures this week. Hopefully we will get out again next weekend. But you never know. Sometimes you are a bit too early or just a bit too late!

4. Cindy Green says:

Ooohhh I think I want one of these…..

It is yummy and refreshing!!