Elephant Head Cover

Elephant Head is a very easy hike that takes about 30 – 40 minutes round trip. There is a small incline, some boulders, and climbing. But overall it is very easy for a fanatic view! It is a great hike for anyone and could be used as a warm up when you first arrive at NH or bundle with a few other nature walks. Elephant Head is used as a beginners hike for children – though be sure they have the proper hiking boots and take the hike seriously since there are many opportunities to get injured. Below are a few pictures of us on top of Elephant Head.

Elephant Head Greg 2

I found this natural chair!
Elephant Head me 2

Elephant Head me 1

Elephant Head Greg

Here are a few pictures of the view from top, which are excellent for such an easy hike – a walk for some!
Elephant Head 9
Elephant Head view 1
Elephant Head view 2
Elephant Head view 3
Elephant Head view 4
Elephant Head view 5
Elephant Head view 6
Elephant Head view 7
Elephant Head view 8

Here are a few pictures of the hike / walk to the top.
Elephant Head 1
Elephant Head 2
Elephant Head 3
Elephant Head 4
Elephant Head 5
Elephant Head 6
Elephant Head 7
Elephant Head 8

10 thoughts on “Crawford Notch New Hampshire: Elephant Head

Thank you! It is one of our favorite hikes because you can see so far that it appears you must have done a grueling hike when it was quite the opposite!

1. There is nothing more wonderful than hearing the sound of the trail under your boats…Great photos, great information.

Thank you! I love being outside – especially when the air is so fresh and pure. I love taking it all in because I spend a lot of time behind a computer. So I love when I can be outside. 🙂

2. What a beautiful day for a hike…love the images.

Thank you. We love Elephant Head – for such an easy hike you get fantastic views. Plus I love the boulder chair – another great find in nature.

3. Heather says:

awesome photos…love the elephant head out crop of rock, very cool!

Nature is just amazing at times!! It is wonderful to see it in person. I never get tired looking at Elephant Head or walking to the top to witness the views.

4. Sophie33 says:

What a lovely hike you 2 made! What a stunning scenery too! Waw!

It is one of our favorite hikes because it is easy and the views are fantastic!