Sparklin’ Cherry Cocktail

Greg and I just got home from Franconia Notch, New Hampshire on a hiking and more trip. Today I am categorizing more than 500 pictures and videos so I can start a new blogging series on our vacation. We had a fabulous time with hiking a mountain, taking the Cog Rail to the top of Mount Washington (yes, we go to the top of Mount Washington every time we go to NH!) and so much more. The weather was cool with the morning temps between 30 and mid-50’s. But that really is perfect hiking weather. I dislike hot, sticky days for hiking. On Saturday it got to the low 70’s but that only last for a few hours. It seems the temperatures change quickly in the mountains and it cools down earlier in the day than it does in New York. We went through Massachusetts and Vermont to get to New Hampshire. Today I am sharing a few pictures from Vermont’s Welcome Center. It is a great place to stop because the smaller centers have fresh coffee and tea you can purchase and the larger facilities have a lot of vending machines. Plus there are brochures on things to do and typically a few displays about the area. A really nice stop and a beautiful state.

Vermont 1

Vermont 2
Until I get our 2013 pictures and stories ready for posting enjoy a few waterfall stops from last year vacation:

Our trip provided inspiration for at least six new recipes that I am currently researching. In the meantime here is a simple recipe for a Sparklin’ Cherry Cocktail. I got this recipe from click here.

We had a bottle of cherry vodka that we bought many years ago and I never knew what to mix it with. You can add more or less Sprite Zero depending upon how light you prefer the cocktail. The cherry vodka is not as sweet as the name leads one to believe. As a comparison, Triple Sec, which is an orange liqueur, is more sweet and smooth than cherry vodka. The Sparklin’ Cherry cocktail has a light cherry aroma and is quite refreshing! I simply garnished my cocktail with a red stir stick. I like the contrast of the clean look of the cocktail against the sparkling red stir stick. You could add a cherry – a fresh one with the stem would be a nice touch – especially if you are serving friends. You might also get small skewers and lace the fresh cherries onto the skewer.
You could use any flavored vodka for this cocktail and I would imagine you could make a mocktail by using cherry soda, orange soda, etc. and mix with sprite zero.

1 1/2 oz. Three Olives Cherry Vodka
5 oz. Sprite Zero

Pour ingredients into a cocktail glass of your choice, stir, and fill with ice.

Vermont 3

Vermont 4

Vermont 5

Vermont 6

Vermont 7

Vermont 8

Vermont 9

16 thoughts on “Sparklin’ Cherry Cocktail and Pictures from Vermont

Thank you! Vermont is beautiful. They have a lot of winter activities like skiing – but I am not a winter person.

1. willowdot21 says:

It certainly looks amazing in the summer too!

Yes, it is a beautiful state!

1. Looks like such a beautiful place, I’ve heard so much about Vermont…love the waterfalls picture!

Vermont is really nice – what I have seen. New Hampshire has fabulous waterfalls that can be quite challenging to hike to and then some that are an easy climb. Last year when we went to NH we were climbing morning and afternoon. This year we took it a bit easier.

1. Sounds blissful…I guess the beautiful weather in that part of the country makes it much easier to climb and trek:)

The weather was perfect for hiking – we really enjoyed our time off! 🙂

2. blogturtle says:

i love that combination, drinking and hiking 🙂

i agree that cooler weather is better for hiking. and now fall is here. yay.

i hope to travel to vermont. nice pics!

Vermont is really nice! The hiking temperature was perfect in NH! We greatly enjoyed our time. 🙂

3. Here is a state we have not traveled to…sigh! Love the tram….I could ride them all day to see the sites.

Vermont is another beautiful state! Lots of fabulous photo opportunities! 🙂

4. annascuisine says:

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

5. Sophie33 says:

Beautiful pictures & captures of your trip!

Thanks so much for sharing! Lovely & Waw even!

Thank you! We had a great time on our vacation plus so many wonderful opportunities to take pictures. 🙂