The Old Winery Restaurant 1
As part of our B&B package from Abacot Hall we had a $100 gift certificate to The Old Winery Restaurant. We started with a couple of great cocktails. I had a Lychee Berry Martini that was fabulous. Recently I made two martinis: Pomegranate Martini and Pomegranate Sparkling Martini – both were delicious. Greg had a Vodka Creamsicle that I still need to figure out how to make. The dinner started with a wonderful, homemade bread with oil and vinegar for dipping. For our appetizer we had crab cakes as we tend to try them when we are on vacation in our quest to find the best crab cakes. The crab cakes were light with a nice sauce; but not the best. The crab cakes we had at Berry’s Family Restaurant in Ohio are still the best! I had made a healthy version last year – click here for the recipe. But Berry’s Family Restaurant has the best! For dinner I had the Roast of the Day which was excellent. I still need to figure out how to make a smoked bacon sun-dried tomato cream sauce. Greg had Filet Mignon, which he really enjoyed. I treated myself to one of my favorite desserts – Lindt Milk Chocolate Creme Brulee. I will not be making this dessert because I enjoyed it far too much! And poor Greg was trying to enjoy his cocktail and I kept telling him to stop so I could take a picture! Because as you know everything is about the blog!

The Old Winery Restaurant 2
The Old Winery Restaurant 3
The Old Winery Restaurant 4
The Old Winery Restaurant 5
The Old Winery Restaurant 7
The Old Winery Restaurant 8
The Old Winery Restaurant 9
The Old Winery Restaurant 10
The Old Winery Restaurant 11

Do not forget to check out the other postings from our Niagara on the Lake vacation!
Abacot Hall B&B at Niagara on the Lake
Niagara on the Lake Shaw Festival, Shaw Cafe & Wine Bar
Niagara on the Lake – The Butterfly Conservatory
Niagara on the Lake – Fort George Part 1
Niagara on the Lake – Fort George Part 2
Niagara on the Lake – Beautiful Homes and Architecture!
Niagara on the Lake – Their Beautiful Gardens Part 1
Pomegranate Martini & Niagara on the Lake and Their Beautiful Gardens Part 2
Niagara on the Lake and Their Beautiful Gardens Part 3
Niagara-on-the-Lake: The Old Winery Restaurant
Various Pictures from Niagara-on-the-Lake
Niagara-on-the-Lake: Queenston Heights Restaurant
Queens Royal Park
Niagara-on-the-Lake: Angie Strauss Art Gallery

8 thoughts on “Niagara-on-the-Lake: The Old Winery Restaurant

1. kanzensakura says:

This looks like a wonderful vacation! The creamsicle vodka drink looks similar to one that I have made, without cream as some of those drinks are. it is simply this: 1 1/2 parts Pinnacle whipped vodka (more or less, to taste) 2 parts orange juice , 2 parts ginger ale Shake ingredients and serve over crushed ice. Garnish with orange and a cherry. Hope this works! 🙂

Thanks! I will have to give it a try sometime. I think I need the ginger ale. 🙂

1. kanzensakura says:

I agree. You can also make a good approximation with a good cream soda and a good orange soda. That’s my drink of choice for a liquid cream sicle.

I can’t wait to try it!!!

2. The food here looks amazing!!! Did I ever tell you there is a photo retreat here at Niagara on the Lake either in August or September?

Everything is wonderful at Niagara-on-the-Lake. A bit of paradise! What a great place for a photo retreat!

3. What a fun vacation, Bernice! And I love running into restaurants like this one where the food is almost homemade fare…by the way, I like the sound of your pomegranate martini:)

It was a great vacation. So much inspiration for new recipes and cocktails. The martinis are really nice. 🙂