Yogurt Marinated Grilled Chicken Final

The weekend is here! I am so happy – even though I love my job I do love summer and being outside! Saturday we are playing a new disc golf course – at least it is new for me. Greg has played it before. It has 27 holes instead of 18 – so it should be a good workout! I will be posting pictures and stories. Almost all of my bug bites have healed from the last two matches. Lets hope it is dry and not buggy! For those stories click here and here and here.

Beaver June 15 1

As I mentioned in a previous posting I am trying different marinades for grilled chicken sandwiches. This recipe is different than a vinegar based marinade as you will not get a ton of flavor from it but the chicken remains tender during grilling from the yogurt. I could have pounded my chicken a bit thinner but it still was good. Consider using a different topping such as spicy mustard or a gourmet mayonnaise as it will complement the grilled chicken nicely.

Chicken:
1 Large or 2 Small boneless, skinless Chicken Breast, pounded thin. If using a large chicken breast, after pounding thin, cut in half.

Toppings:

½ tsp Oregano, dried
¼ tsp Parsley, dried
½ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Pepper
1 tsp Garlic Clove, diced or crushed
1 tbsp Canola with 30% Olive Oil or Olive Oil

Mix together the marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Coat the chicken that has been pounded thin with the yogurt marinade. Place in a container, cover and refrigerate for about 5 hours or more.

Preheat grill to high. Remove chicken from the marinade and add additional seasoning if desired. Grill chicken until done. Serve on your favorite roll with mayonnaise, tomato, and lettuce or other toppings.

Yogurt Marinated Grilled Chicken Assembling 1
Yogurt Marinated Grilled Chicken Assembling 2

For another great marinated grilled chicken sandwich:
Balsamic Marinated Grilled Chicken & Blogging Awards
Balsamic Marinated Grilled Chicken Final Picture

15 thoughts on “Yogurt Marinated Grilled Chicken Sandwich

1. rigoniman says:

Thanks… So now i’m starving!

Thanks! It was a good sandwich! I am hoping to try a different version this weekend.

2. Patty B says:

Sounds good – we do not grill, can I cook in olive oil or would a George Foreman Grill work just as well?

Hi Patty. Yes you could use your George Forman Grill or even a little olive oil in a heavy pan would also work. You can eat it as a sandwich or just as marinated chicken with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!

1. Patty B says:

Can’t wait to try it.

Thanks Patty. I hope you enjoy it! 🙂

3. Yummy marinade and the kaiser roll looks perfect for a hearty sandwich for dinner. Good luck on your disk golf. Misquito season comes right along with orange barrel construction season.

It is a great sandwich especially with the kaiser roll. We are getting ready to head out for the day. Looking forward to some fresh air and being outside! Tons of road construction around here!

4. Oh, this sandwich is so delicious and the chicken looks so moist! I love the mix of herbs and spices with a hint of garlic and lemon!

Thank you! It is a lighter grilled chicken when it comes to spices and such. But sometimes that is nice especially for those who want a more mild sandwich or want to add other type of toppings.

5. Sophie33 says:

Hey BERNICE. I made your tasty marinated hicken sandwich & both my husband & I loved it so much! it was just divine! 😃

I am glad you enjoyed it! It is fine trying out different marinated chicken sandwiches! 🙂

Reblogged this on Realistic Cooking Ideas for Busy People and commented:

Last year I shared several recipes for marinated chicken sandwiches. This version with yogurt came out really good. The only change I would make is the chicken needed to be thinner – still a bit too thick for a sandwich. If you prefer your grilled chicken thicker, then consider eliminating the roll and adding a nice dipping sauce. That would also be awesome!!