Strawberry Shortcake with Chocolate Whipped Topping final picture

I thought my other Strawberry Shortcakes were delicious – until I had this one! I could have just eaten the whipped chocolate topping and skipped the shortcake! This is a fabulous topping over strawberries and I would image other berries. I must really be deprived since I never made this topping before! Good thing for this blog since it inspires me to try new recipes. And this one is so darn simple!

Here are a couple of other options to top your strawberry shortcake or any dessert!

Strawberry Shortcake with Bourbon Strawberry Sauce final picture
Strawberry Shortcake with Bourbon Strawberry Sauce

Strawberry Shortcake with Bourbon Whip Cream Final
Strawberry Shortcake with Bourbon Whipped Cream

And now here is today’s recipe!!
1 cup Heavy Cream
About 3 tbsp Powdered Sugar
About 1 tbsp Baking Cocoa

Beat heavy cream for about a minute and then slowly add sifted powdered sugar and baking cocoa until stiff peaks form. You do want to be careful to not over mix, which is why you will see some baking cocoa not completed blended into the topping. I error on the side of caution! Top your strawberry shortcake and tell people not to bother you while you enjoy this decadent treat!

Do you have a favorite topping for your strawberry shortcake?

Strawberry Shortcake with Chocolate Whipped Topping stiff peaks
Strawberry Shortcake with Chocolate Whipped Topping closeup picture

15 thoughts on “Can you say Heavenly? Strawberry Shortcake with Whipped Chocolate Topping

1. WendyJC says:

you have my mouth watering!

It is a fabulous topping!!

2. Dang woman! Making my mouth water over here!!!

ha ha ha. It was so darn good!!

3. Patty B says:

Not a good thing to see first thing in the morning when I am starving!! 🙂 I may have to purchase some fresh strawberries. 🙂

It is a great topping for any berries. I enjoyed it too much!!

4. Stephanie says:

I had GOT to learn how to make this gluten and dairy free, as I really, really miss strawberry shortcake. Perhaps almond meal is the ticket to a fluffy “shortcake” consistency. Hmm…

Best wishes with that. I would not know where to start with gluten and dairy free. But maybe one day I should look into those recipes as so many people are gluten sensitive. Let me know if you end up with a recipe. 🙂

5. Congratulations again on receiving The Bouquet of Three Blogging Award! You totally deserve it for your fabulous blog whether you decide to accept or not. If you want to accept the award or view the rules, here is the link to my post! http://misschriscreations.com/2013/06/21/cupcake-sandwiches/

Congrats again!
    -Christine

Thank you so much Christine for the awards and your kind words!!

6. What a great idea! And such a simple recipe!

Thanks. I just loved this dessert!!!

7. All of these gorgeous toppings have me counting down the days until we can pick fresh strawberries in May!!

Allison – it was really good! Last year I tried different types of strawberry shortcakes and this one was my favorite. Of course I love chocolate! And nothing like fresh picked strawberries!!