EWLW Main picture

Last week I shared Week 2 results of Wegmans Eat Well Live Well Challenge I am participating in through the company I am employed. Our third week’s results were posted today. We have 25 participants making up 5-teams. From a team perspective, my team went from being in 5th place to 3rd place for steps and from 4th place to 1st place for cups. Go VC Snickerdoodles!! As for the individual contest, I am in 1st place for cups (as compared to 2nd last week) and 7th for steps (as compared to 8th last week). The individual rankings are only for this week and not cumulative with week 1 and 2.

Nicole, our program coordinator, had a variety of hummus, salsa, and guacamole for us to enjoy this week. The sun-dried tomato hummus was fantastic and I plan on making it soon!

EWLW Healthy crackers

EWLW Salsa

EWLW Hummus

I also want to thank Shaun for the Liebster Blog Award! I hope you visit his blog as he shares his view of the world around him! Shaun took time to write up questions he would like answered… so here we go….

liebster-blog-award

1. What is your favourite movie? Pride & Prejudice (A&E version)

2. Who was your 1st love? Can’t remember too long ago. ๐Ÿ™‚

3. If you could go back to when you were 10 years old, would you change anything? I would not change anything about myself but would change the school system to prepare young girls to have careers.

4. What part in what film would you love to play or be? A part in a sci-fi movie

5. If you could be any 1 person for a day, who would it be? I would not want to be anyone else.. but I would love to spend a day with John Maxwell and learn from his vast knowledge and experience on leadership.

6. What food do you like best? Food with spices and lots of flavor

7. What is your favouri7e number? I like writing numbers that are round in nature as the pen flows nicely. For example, 6, 8, or 9.

8. Your favourite music CD? I love a wide range of music in particular indie bands. Listening to Alt-J right now.

9. What car do you drive? If you donโ€™t what would you like to drive? Liberty Jeep

10? Do you have a PC/Laptop or Phone for your internet use? iMac, iPad, wireless

11. How many pairs of shoes do you own? Too many to ever be able to count!

My nominations that I hope you visit their blogs:
pfcsystems
feedingmrrodgers
cosybites
prideinphotos
ridhaskitchen
mybeautfulthings
daretocomparefood
bakerbettie
misschriscreations
thefirstyearblog

Our weekend is starting off cold and raining! A good weekend for cooking and watching a movie. We just got our copy of Alien and am looking forward to watching it this weekend and tying it together with Prometheus! Did I mention Prometheus 2 is in development? But unfortunately, it will not be out until late 2014 or early 2015. Seems too far away for me. I am impatient and want more of the pieces pulled together now! What is everyone doing for the weekend? Any plans? I will be sharing a new recipe tomorrow. In the meantime, I will share a few recipes to help you sneak in more veggies and fruits!

Roasted Red Pepperย Hummus
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus final picture with carrots, tortilla chips, and pretzils

Blueberry Antioxidant Protein Smoothie
Blueberry Antioxidant Protein Smoothie

Baked Eggs with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Freshย Basil
Eggs with Sun-Dried Tomatoes Final Picture

Tomato Basil Orzo Soup
Tomato Basil Orzo Soup final picture

Whipped Sweet Potatoes and Bananas withย Honey
Whipped Sweet Potatoes and Bananas with Honey Final

21 thoughts on “EWLW Week 3 Results and Liebster Blog Award

1. Stephanie says:

I haven’t seen Prometheus. My boyfriend was really disappointed in it, but perhaps because he’s a serious Aliens fan and I am just not THAT into movies that I have to complain about them lol.

The last time I had hummus, I really didn’t like it, but I think it had too much garlic and not enough of… well anything else. You’ve convinced me to try the sun dried tomato hummus though. I’m all about anything I can dip stuff in ๐Ÿ˜€

I’m landscaping tomorrow, which will include (hopefully) building an outdoor table out of stained wooden pallets. I have to get all my outside stuff done in one day because the wind is going to blow like crazy on Sunday… like it does here most days in the desert.

I would think your boyfriend loved Aliens which was the second movie. It was action-packed and was excellent! Prometheus reminds me of The Next Generation Star Trek series. It is more intellectual as your putting together pieces and there is not much action. So I could understand if he wanted action-packed this was not the movie. My husband and I learned so much more about where the alien came from which is why we wanted to see the movie. ๐Ÿ™‚ The last two Alien movies were not that good and I would not watch them again.

Too much garlic in hummus can be really strong since you do not cook hummus. The weather here in the Northeast is still cold and raining… so no landscaping for us! Your landscaping project sounds like fun! Best wishes with your project. ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Stephanie says:

I can’t keep the Alien series straight, and he’s also complained about the last “Aliens” video game being subpar, so I think you’re probably right. He wants more action than plot, perhaps.

I would be incredibly happy with rain. I’m from the deserts in New Mexico; our average rainfall this time of year is only 0.03″. We get dirt blowing so hard that visibility gets limited to 500 feet sometimes.

Alien is the original from 1979. A good movie for its time. Aliens (notice the “s”) is 1986 and is fabulous. Alien 3 came out in 1992 and Alien Resurrection came out in 1997. Alien 3 picks up after Aliens and Ripley ends up on a planet that is a prison. I could even watch the entire movie. In Alien Resurrection Ripley is cloned. I did not like it at all. If you ever want to watch one of them it is Aliens which has a decent plot and a lot of action. Maybe for Prometheus they should have added a few action scenes since Aliens raised the bar so high.

Your wind storms sound like our snow storms where visibility is limited. Our creeks were raising high and there was flood watches. Luckily we do live near a creek. We are anxious to get out of the house!

Thank you Clarissa for the award. Bernice

2. It’s nice to hear that you wouldn’t want to be anyone else other than yourself ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Congrats on being nominated and thank you for my nomination! You have a great blog here and so love reading about hummus today…one of my favorite all time snacks.

Your welcome! Hummus is just fabulous! ๐Ÿ™‚

4. pfcsystems says:

Hello Bernice,

I am looking forward to trying the roasted red pepper humus and Tomato Basil Orzo Soup recipes! Thanks for nominating my blog for the Liebster Blog Award! I’m not sure what it is all about or what I need to do. Nominate other blog sites?

Your welcome for the Liebster Blog Award. Some people will formally accept by nominating other bloggers and answering the same questions that I answered from Shaun. Sometimes bloggers just recognize they received the award but do not nominate other bloggers. You can then add the award to your blog. Mine are on my front page of my blog and others will set up a page for their awards. Hope this information helps. ๐Ÿ™‚

5. willowdot21 says:

MUUUUM all looks too damn good! Congrats on the Liebster you do deserve it!!

Thank you!! ๐Ÿ™‚

6. cosybites says:

Congratulations on the well-deserved award and thanks for your nomination!!

Thank you… and your welcomed! ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Sophie33 says:

Congrats again on your Liebster award! It is a beauty , isn’t it? I loved reading these answers too! ๐Ÿ™‚ I love Pride & Prejudice too! ๐Ÿ™‚ x

Thank you! It is a beautiful award! I just adore Pride & Prejudice. I have seen so many different versions and when I was younger I had a hard time understanding the depth of the scandal. Do you have a favorite version?

8. Thank you so much for this lovely award and congratulations to you too! ๐Ÿ™‚