Bonsai 11

Today’s pictures from the Botanical Gardens is their beautiful Bonsai House! As a disclaimer I may have included a picture or two that was not part of the house. Before we move on to the pictures, I want to thank Willowdot21 for the WordPress Family Award! Stop by and visit Willowdot21 for some wonderful poetry and stories! It is always nice to know that people appreciate the loving care you put into your blog. I am fortunate to have such wonderful readers! Thanks again to Willowdot21!

I am updating this posting as I heard from Shaun who created this award 3-days ago! Please visit his blog to learn more about the award and about him! I think it is so interesting how this award is spreading around the world connecting each of us together!

wordpress-family-award

The Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens in Lackawanna, New York is just a beautiful place to visit. Originally it was the Lord & Burnham conservatory that opened in 1900 and is considered a national historic site, educational center, and a destination full of exotic plants and flowers from around the world! They have a dozen or more rooms each with a theme such as the tropical house where the temperature and humidity is properly controlled for the plants.

Bonsai Sign

Bonsai 11

Bonsai 12

For my other Botanical Gardens postings:
Botanical Gardens: Pond and Fish
Botanical Gardens – Ti Tree and other Pink & Red Flowers
Botanical Gardens: Topiary
Botanical Gardens: Cactus House (Part 1)
Botanical Gardens: Cactus House (Part 2)
Botanical Gardens: Cactus House (Part 3)

18 thoughts on “Botanical Gardens (Bonsai Collection) & WordPress Family Award (updated 4.5.2013)

1. Congratulations on your award! I love visiting botanical gardens as well and it seems we’re coming into the perfect season to visit the Duke Botanical Gardens (in Durham, NC) where it’s just warm enough to really explore without getting too hot. I always get a little inspired when visiting these magnificent gardens, hoping some of what I see will turn into something special in my own backyard!

Thank you! Yes, it is wonderful and yet dangerous inspiration! We are limited to what we can grow in the Western New York region. It is wonderful to see these plants that are grown around the world.

1. I think strolling though those types of gardens is so peaceful too and inspirational like you mentioned.

It was a nice day! I hope we can go back in the summer when the outdoor gardens are in bloom!

2. What a beautiful section of the botanical gardens! I love this bonsai collection.
    Kenley

They have the most amazing plants! It was such an enjoyable time.

3. willowdot21 says:

Beautiful, beautiful !

Thank you! It was a great time with so many beautiful plants from around the world!

4. prayingforoneday says:

WOW AGAIN!!
    I created this award 3 days ago, and I tracked it for fun.
    And it has appeared all over.
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
    And thank you Willowdot21, as my 1st nomination for sending this out…you were my 1st 🙂

Remember ANYONE can take my award and give it to anyone they see as Family in terms of WordPress. People they care deeply about here. That was my meaning.

Thanks again for spreading this award.

Shaun

Thanks so much Shaun for commenting! I will add this information to my posting. This is so neat that you just created this award 3 days ago and it is taking off! I like the community and one-ness feeling of this award. Thanks for creating it! Bernice

1. prayingforoneday says:

I just thought “Why not” My son made the picture for me, I had all the bits I wanted, he made the picture. But it is almost everywhere. I hope it takes off and when I am long gone, that is still here 🙂

In reality, the awards are just fun. What we say and how we interact is more important.

Thanks again.

How wonderful that your son made that picture for you – he is talented! I am so happy that the award is taking off! 🙂

3. prayingforoneday says:

I see you are from Scotland – your award traveled very quickly to the NorthEast – New York to be exact! That is so cool! 🙂

5. prayingforoneday says:

It is in India and Australia and South Africa also.. lol

Yeah the net is a cool place.
        Cheers 🙂

That is fantastic!! 🙂

7. prayingforoneday says:

Thanking you…
        Big world, connecting well online.
        Not so good on a personal level.. lol

Yes, that is true! 🙂

Welcome to my world..a tapestry of thoughts and forms conceived in my mind