Disc Golf 1

On March 15th the number of views on my blog was unusually high. I noticed that one posting, “Do you want to know more about Disc Golf”, had 217 views! Being in the tech field, my first thought is an attack on the website because why would an older post get so many views. I posted it in August 2012 and prior to March 15th it had about 200 views. In about a 2-week time period, it had more than 600 additional views.

Disc Golf 2

The post is about disc golf, which is at a grass root level making it hard to believe the high number of views. The recipe is a wonderful Poppy Seed Vinaigrette Spinach Fruit Salad recipe; however there is nothing unique or unusual about the recipe to bring so many views. It is one of my favorite summer recipes. Add a marinated grilled chicken breast and you have a fabulous dinner!

Poppy Seed Spinach Salad

Poppy Seed Spinach Salad Close up

I checked the search terms used by users and nothing was associated with neither disc golf nor the recipe. However earlier in the week there were 10 searches using different disc golf terms. Could a site have picked up this posting? I did not get any pingbacks that it was reblog by another WordPress blogger. Of course pingbacks would not account for e-newsletters and other websites.

During the last 30-days the largest referrers to my blog are search engines and Pinterest. The highest number of views happened on March 15th with 217 views. The views continued on March 16th with 126, on March 17th with 71, and March 18th with 105 views. From that point on it received between 14 and 25 views each day and so far has not stopped.

With that many views it seems odd that there was not one comment. I tried to perform a search to see if I could I find the link in another website – but no luck. I would love to know what caused this so I could understand how to better market my blog. Any thoughts?

Disc Golf 5

Here are the links to my Disc Golf postings.
Disc Golf, Fall & Leaves!
2012 Rochester 38th Annual Flying Disc Golf Open
Do you want to know more about Disc Golf? Read part 1 for my personal journey
Do you want to know more about Disc Golf? Read part 2 to visit Chili and Parma professional disc golf courses

12 thoughts on “Anyone for Disc Golf and a Poppy Seed Vinaigrette Spinach Fruit Salad?

1. I have no idea why the spike, but I’m going to have to go check out the Disc Golf post. Never heard of it before! My husband experienced a huge spike this month on his website. In one day he went from a couple hundred visitors to well over a thousand, and then the next day it was back to normal. He investigated for bots and such and got back nothing that really indicated why it had happened. Hope you find out why…

It is rather frustrating because if it is legit you want to know how to capitalize upon it. And if it is related to blots you want to know how to block it. As for Disc Golf – it is so much fun! I have a few videos included in my postings that you might enjoy. I hope you have a chance to play!

2. kanzensakura says:

I have nominated you for Best Moments Award. You can go to http://kanzensakura.com/2013/03/30/best-moment-award-for-me/ for more information. Thank you for living in the moment and sharing. Yay you! Toni

Thank you Toni so much for the award! I do appreciate it and hope that my readers enjoy the different topics that I share in addition to recipes. Bernice 🙂

3. a mystery–and one I hope you will solve — but enjoy

Thanks! There are a lot of possibilities and so far I do not see anything that causes concern that it is an attack.

4. That’s very peculiar. With that, disc golf is a ton of fun — everyone should check it out. And that dressing looks delicious 🙂 Wish I could offer more insight…
    Kenley

I can’t wait to start playing again – but it will be a couple of months. In the meantime I am getting back into shape so I can walk the course without any problems. The poppy seed dressing is fabulous! 🙂

5. I have played disk golf a couple of times when I lived in Michigan at the State parks. I am terrible at it but it is fun to play on a nice day with my boys. In regards to the really high census on one particular post, I have had this happen in the past and sometimes it is because my post was linked in another article or journal. Sometimes pinterest really gets some action and someone gets a hold of a pin and then people keep reposting it. Take are look in your span inbox and see if you can see any suspicious behavior.

Thanks BAM! My spam folder has the typical junk I am use to seeing. Greg thought with the weather getting nicer that people might be interested in learning more about Disc Golf. It is a lot of fun! My distance was absolutely horrible. Then we started to go to a park to practice our long distance throwing. Once I learned a better throwing format my distance got much better. I am looking forward to playing again. But first I need to get back into shape. I got into those winter blues where you find you are not moving much! It sounds like you have lived in a lot of different places!

6. Sophie33 says:

What a delightful & tasty looking salad & special looking dressing too! 🙂 What a cool sport!

Thanks Sophie. Disc Golf is a lot of fun. Do you have disc golf courses in your country? I know that it is starting to spread to other countries. The salad dressing is great because you could substitute poppy seeds for anything else you might like.