Blueberry Pancakes a stack of pancakes

It is Saturday and I decided to try another pancake recipe – this time with fresh blueberries! The batter is thicker making a denser pancake, which means I could not stack all of the pancakes in the above picture. They made for a hardy breakfast especially if you add a side of eggs or other protein you will be set for the morning! Do not forget to make extras and freeze them for another day. I do not mix the blueberries into the pancake mixture. Instead I add them once I pour the batter onto a hot griddle. These make a beautiful pancake for a brunch since they present so nicely with the blueberries showing.

Today will be a typical busy Saturday for me as I try to pack in as many things as humanly possible! Luckily the pancakes will provide some energy to get through my busy day. Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!

Blueberry Pancakes out of the oven 2

Blueberry Pancakes out of the oven

Blueberry Pancakes plated close up picture

3 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 tbsp Baking Powder
1 cup sugar
1 tsp Salt
3 Eggs
1 3/4 cup Skim Milk
1 tsp Vanilla

Topping
1 ½ cup Blueberries, fresh or thawed frozen

Preheat oven to its warm setting. I like to place my pancakes in the oven to stay warm while I am making them. Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix.

Blueberry Pancakes batter and blueberries

Preheat the griddle on medium heat. Make sure the grill is hot. If a drop of water or pancake batter sizzles the grill is ready. Pour batter onto the griddle and add about 8 blueberries to each pancake. Cook about 3-minutes or until the bubbles start to pop. Then turn over and cook for about another minute. Place in oven to keep them warm.

Blueberry Pancakes first pouring pancake batter and adding blueberries

Blueberry Pancakes just before flipping pancakes

Serve your stack of Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes. You can add more blueberries when serving the pancakes.

Blueberry Pancakes plated picture 2

Other pancake recipes you might enjoy:

Pumpkin Chococlate Chips Pancakes individual serving

Banana Pecan Pancakes single serving

Whole Wheat Walnuts Pancakes single serving

Whole-Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes with a Chocolate Chip Surprise!

Whole Wheat Honey Banana Pecan Pancakes

Whole Wheat Walnuts Pancakes

12 thoughts on “Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes

1. What a lovely stack of blueberry pancakes! I freeze mine too, which makes quick work of the morning breakfast routine. 🙂

Thank you! My husband suggested freezing them. I was skeptical at first – but he was right! 🙂

2. I love blueberry pancakes. These look delicious!

Thanks. I really liked how they look by adding the blueberries to the batter once you poured it on the griddle.

3. I have never tried whole wheat pancakes and I am so happy to find quite a few recipes for them on your blog.
    Can’t wait to try these over the next weekend

Thanks! I never cared much for pancakes because of the white flour and no staying power – always hungry an hour later. But not with the whole wheat pancakes. I like to use King Arthur Whole Wheat Flour. I have a few more recipes I want to try. I normally do not like to get up on Saturday morning and start cooking. I normally have a protein shake and a banana. But I have to admit I am enjoying trying new breakfast recipes on Saturday morning. Though I am sure once summer is here my priorities will change. 🙂

4. lapatisseriederenee says:

Reblogged this on La Patisserie de Renee and commented:
    I think I might try this recipe for Easter brunch!

Thank you for the reblog on your blog! The blueberry pancakes just look wonderful on a platter or even in a warming tray. Have a wonderful Easter and brunch!

5. ocelot81 says:

that stack looks so goooood! 🙂

Thank you! There are a few left in the freezer that will be gone tomorrow morning!

6. Sophie33 says:

I just have made your tasty thicker smaller pancakes & they were superb, dear Bernice!

MMMMMMMMMMM!