Pistachio Pudding Pie Final Picture

This is a wonderful light and creamy dessert just in time for St. Patrick’s Day! I have changed it slightly from the traditional recipes to reduce both the time to make and some of the calories. It is wonderful when you can have a dessert that is healthy and delicious while getting into shape for summer. We are having temperatures in the 50’s that make everyone prepare for spring. Unfortunately it will dip back down into the 30’s but we know spring is close by. In less than a week, I am starting Wegmans Eat Well Live Well program being sponsored by the company I am employed. The goal is to eat more fruits and vegetables plus increase your activity level. Hopefully between participating in this program plus making better choices with my calories will help get me back into disc golf and hiking shape! Do you have a tip or favorite way of getting ready for summer fun?

Now on to the dessert…
If you purchased a prepared crust, you can make this dessert in about 30-minutes. Just remember to take out the cream cheese to bring it to room temperature about 15-minutes before making the dessert. If you forget, then place the cream cheese in a bowl and cut it into smaller pieces. This will help it become soft while you are measuring the other ingredients.

Crust:
Ready Crust Graham Pie Crust, 9 ounces (I like the 2-extra servings size)

Layer 1:
1 cup Powdered Sugar
1 (8oz) Cream Cheese, no fat
1 cup Cool Whip, no fat or low-fat

Layer 2:
2 regular sized pkgs. Instant Pistachio, no-fat, no-sugar pudding mix
3 cups Milk, skim

Topping:
Cool Whip, no fat or low-fat
Pistachios, chopped

Pistachio Pudding Pie Ingredients

Mix powdered sugar, cream cheese and cool whip; spread on graham pie crust.

Pistachio Pudding Pie Layer 1

Beat together pudding mix and milk until thick. Spread on top of the cream cheese layer.

Pistachio Pudding Pie Layer 2

Top with a layer of cool whip and chopped nuts. Refrigerate for at least a few hours before serving.

Pistachio Pudding Pie Final Layer

29 thoughts on “30-Minute or Less Pistachio Pudding Pie

1. I bet my husband would love that. He loves Pistachio pudding 🙂

It was delicious! My husband loved it and asked when will we have it again. I think I will also try different puddings and maybe a variation on the ingredients to try out different versions. I hope you enjoy it! 🙂

2. Sheryl says:

mmm. . . this looks delicious!

Thanks it was really good! Very creamy and light. Not a heavy dessert. Ours was gone in a few days.

3. I have got to make this. YUMMY! 🙂

It was delicious! We had our last piece and my husband commented that I need to make this again!

4. I have not had pistachio pudding or pie in a very long time. Love your healthy spin on this recipe. I normally am very active and hike and work out but have been sick and a bit of bed rest for me now.

Sorry to hear you are sick Bam! I hope you get better soon. This was fabulous and like you I have not had pistachio pudding since I cannot remember. Maybe as a child and of course then I preferred chocolate. 🙂 Get better soon!

5. Patty B says:

So many delicious pistachio recipes on the blogs I follow! I will make this for when my sister and I get together soon It looks soooo delicious. 😉

Patty – it is really good. And even though I used a no-sugar, no-fat pistachio pudding the quality was not reduced. Ours was gone in a few days! I am going to try this recipe with other puddings and see if I can change the ingredients a bit. 🙂

1. Patty B says:

Good idea…I can’t wait to try it.

Neither can my husband. 🙂

6. Conor Bofin says:

Hi Bernice, That is a completely new one on me. It looks lovely.
    Best,
    Conor

It is a fabulous dessert! Creamy and light. 🙂

7. Love how easy this is, and the green is so pretty 🙂 Thanks for sharing!

Your welcome. Plus you can select any premade crust that you like. Or you could make your own. But I like to reduce time whenever I can – especially if it does not sacrifice quality. 🙂

8. sugaredpecan says:

I love easy desserts that are equally delicious!!!

That is what I loved about it too! 🙂 You could quickly put this dessert together if friends are coming over or just for your own family. Plus it plates beautifully!

9. My goodness… this looks so delicious. What a great idea for St Pattys!
    -JulieC

Thank you! I love finding different types of desserts that are appropriate for St. Patty’s Day. Unfortunately, ours is already gone!

Thank you for posting on your blog!

10. I’m not sure how I missed this when you originally posted it! I’m thinking ahead…this would be fun served after our St. Patrick’s Day dinner this year. I may stick with my dinner recipes from last year, but add your dessert to the menu!

It is a great recipe for St Patty’s with all the green – and it is really good! Plus so easy to make.

11. Victoria says:

Yum! A very nice suggestion for St. Patrick’s Day!

It does make a very nice recipe for St. Patrick’s Day!!

Thank you! I really enjoy this dessert!