Banana Pecan Pancakes Stacked High

Last weekend I wanted to make Banana Pecan pancakes – but I was out of pecans! Instead I made Whole-Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes with a Chocolate Chip Surprise. This morning I was able to make my Whole Wheat Honey Banana Pecan Pancakes! These pancakes are packed with healthy ingredients and are delicious! When you make pancakes with white flour you will be hungry in a short time. My husband considers these pancakes as energy food and a great way to start the day. The final pancakes came out hardy and heavy – I had a hard time stacking all of them for the picture. I only had time to take a few pictures before they started to tilt and I had to save them! Any left over pancakes will freeze nicely and reheat in the microwave oven.

Dry Ingredients
2 1/2 cups of Whole Wheat Flour
½ cup Pecans
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon

Wet Ingredients
2 Eggs
2 Bananas (chopped or mashed)
2 cup Milk, fat-free

2 tbsp Honey
1 tsp Vanilla

Topping
1 Banana, sliced
Pecans

Preheat oven to its warm setting. I like to place my pancakes in the oven to stay warm while I am making them. Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl.

Banana Pecan Pancakes Ingredients

Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix. I include my chopped pecans into the pancake mixture.

Banana Pecan Pancakes Final Mixture

Preheat the griddle on medium heat. Make sure the grill is hot. If a drop of water sizzles the grill is ready. Cook about 2-minutes or until the bubbles start to pop. Then turn over and cook for about another minute. Place in oven to keep them warm.

Banana Pecan Pancakes on the griddle

Serve your stack of Whole Wheat Honey Banana Pecan Pancakes. You can add slice bananas and pecans to the top of the pancakes. Enjoy!!

Banana Pecan Pancakes single serving

Here are a few more breakfast recipes…
Christmas Morning Baked Cinnamon French Toast
Italian Frittata
Layered Egg Omelet Sandwich
Scrambled Egg Bake
Whole-Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes with a Chocolate Chip Surprise!

26 thoughts on “Whole Wheat Honey Banana Pecan Pancakes

1. Kathie says:

These look really good! I will be trying next weekend. I think they will probably freeze well.

Thanks Kathie! They are really good. We froze the left overs and they reheat nicely. Greg loves to make a big batch of pancakes so he can have them for a few weekends. I was skeptical that they would be good – but they are! 🙂

2. Reblogged this on The Jackson Diner and commented:
    These look really good

Thanks so much for reblogging on your website! Very much appreciated that you enjoyed the recipe enough to reblog! 🙂

3. eschof2 says:

I just made pancakes with a pecan toffee sauce and bananas! Love the idea of making them with whole wheat flour!

Sounds wonderful. So many great options to take the same ingredients and make slight changes to introduce different flavors and textures.

1. eschof2 says:

Completely agree 🙂

🙂 Have a great day!

4. We seem to be on similar pages here 😉

Yes, a good weekend for pancakes! 🙂

5. WendyJC says:

They look scrumptious!

Thanks! They are delish! Plus fun to plate. 🙂

6. chisha1982 says:

I love pancakes and these look delicious! Can’t wait to try your recipe.

Thank you. They are very good. If you use very ripe bananas they will add more flavor to the pancakes. Plus you can smash them or slice them thinly to add to the batter. I like to add them to the batter – some people will only them to the top of the pancakes. I hope you enjoy them!

I hope you enjoy them! Plus they do freeze nicely and reheats in the microwave. Makes for a quick breakfast!

7. Sheryl says:

You cook the same way I do. If I’m out of an ingredient, I’ll substitute ingredients–and maybe tweak the recipe.so much that it morphs into another recipe.

It is always great when you can use the ingredients you have in your pantry – I dislike when I have to throw out items because I do not have another recipe. So being creative or resourceful is always important. 🙂

Thank you – we did and still are enjoying them as there are a few left in the freezer. 🙂

8. I was planning to make pancakes today and since I have a large stack of bananas I think I will give your recipe a try! They look so delicious as do all of your pancake recipes!

That is wonderful – I hope you enjoy them! 🙂

1. I made the pancakes, they were delicious…and then I wrote a blog post about them linking back to your original recipe. Thank you for the inspiration!

They look delicious! I also loved how you decorated them with a few flowers – a very nice touch!!

I am glad you were able to add your own touches to the recipe. 🙂