Pumpkin Chococlate Chips Pancakes stack of pancakes

I do not normally make pancakes but with Tuesday being Pancake Day (Or Shrove Tuesday) for the UK I saw a ton of pancake pictures on WordPress! So I decided why not make some pancakes. I wanted my favorite Banana Pecan – but we are out of pecans. Maybe I will make them next weekend. So I searched in the pantry to see what ingredients are available and ended up making Whole-Wheat pumpkin pancakes with chocolate chips. The recipe made quite a few so I will freeze the left overs for another meal.

Dry Ingredients

¾ cup Pumpkin
1 large Egg
about 1 1/2 cups Milk, fat-free
1 tsp Vanilla

Topping
¼ cup Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to its warm setting. I like to place my pancakes in the oven to stay warm while I am making them. Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Blend wet ingredients in a separate bowl.

Pumpkin Chococlate Chips Pancakes ingredients in bowls

Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix. Add in chocolate chips. Or you can add the chocolate chips to the pancakes before flipping them.

Pumpkin Chococlate Chips Pancakes final batter

Preheat the griddle on medium heat. Make sure the grill is hot. If a drop of water sizzles the grill is ready. Cook about 2-minutes or until the bubbles start to pop. Then turn over and cook for about another minute. Place in oven to keep them warm.

Pumpkin Chococlate Chips Pancakes on the griddle

Serve your stack of whole-wheat pumpkin pancakes with chocolate chips. You can add a few chocolate chips to the top pancake and they will melt nicely plus it makes the plate look more attractive. Enjoy!!

Pumpkin Chococlate Chips Pancakes individual serving

Here are a few more breakfast recipes…
Christmas Morning Baked Cinnamon French Toast
Italian Frittata
Layered Egg Omelet Sandwich
Scrambled Egg Bake

18 thoughts on “Whole-Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes with a Chocolate Chip Surprise!

1. mmmm….Looks delish! I must try this recipe. =)

Thank you – I do hope you enjoy them!

2. Irene says:

This look scrumptious! Would love to have these for breakfast to start a wonderful Saturday morning.

Thank you – they were really good! You can put as much or as little chocolate chips in them. Or just add them before you flip the pancakes or just sprinkle on them once they are done. Thanks for stopping by! Bernice

3. We had pancakes with chocolate chips last week, for Mardi Gras. I love pancakes!!
    -JulieC

It is interesting how popular pancakes are – and all the different variations you can make. 🙂

4. Gecko says:

I love just about anything wheat, rolls, pasta, bread etc. I have heard of pumpkin pancakes before but have yet to try them. You make them look and sound so good.

Thank you – they were wonderful! I froze what we did not eat. This morning I took out a couple and reheat them in the microwave. They were just as good as the day I made them on the griddle. 🙂

Yes, they were wonderful. Plus they freeze and reheat nicely in the microwave. It is nice to make a large batch and have them for awhile.

1. I will try this recipe soon!

I hope you enjoy them! Bernice

5. I love pancakes! I make them quite often but haven’t tried them with pumpkin or chocolate chips before. These look delicious!

They are very good. I took a couple of them out of the freezer this morning and I reheated them in the microwave – they were wonderful!

6. Delicious! I cannot find canned pumpkin in Finland…so I always have to pack some in my suitcase when I visit the US…and I’m out right now 🙂

I hope you can get some pumpkin soon! We have certain foods in the Buffalo region that we assume everyone has and then find out they are locally made. When people leave the area they do the same thing as you when they come home for a visit. They bring Bison Chip Dip and other items to the states they moved to. 🙂

7. AmyS says:

Will be pinning this recipe for future use! Yum.

Thank you – I do hope you enjoy the pancakes. I froze what we could not eat and they reheated nicely in the microwave. Have a great day! Bernice