Snowmobile cover picture

Last week we had a winter storm warning and now the temperatures are going to get warm with the possibility of rain! So before that happens, we decided to go out on the snowmobile to enjoy the beautiful snowy landscape. When we left it was 14 degrees F with no wind chill and the air was fresh and crisp. With the snowmobile clothes it was very comfortable. There were no traces of pollen or any other pollutants in the air. The trees were beautiful covered in snow. We rode about 20-miles as the trail was a bit bumpy due to so many people taking advantage of this snowy, cold weekend. When we got off the trail is was considerably warmer and by the time we got home it was in the 40’s.

Wearing the proper clothing is critical when snowmobiling to not only stay warm but to reduce your chance of getting frost bite. I must admit the clothes make me look like a short, stocky person! It reminded me of when I was a child and my mother would make me wear a snowsuit. You kind of waddle around hoping you didn’t fall because you might not be able to get up again! The boots are big and bulky making it an odd experience to walk. But they will keep your feet warm even at temperatures that are 35 degrees below zero. The gloves are long so they fit over your jacket to reduce any air sneaking between layers of clothing. I have two helmets: one with a shield plus the one I wore today that is open and you wear goggles with it.

Here we are at home, getting prepared to leave.

Snowmobile me at home

Snowmobile Greg at home

Once we arrived at Sprague Brook Park, we needed to put on our boots, gloves, helmets, and get the snowmobile out of the trailer.

Snowmobile taking out of trailer 1

Snowmobile taking out of trailer 2

Snowmobile taking out of trailer 3

Snowmobile greg getting ready

Snowmobile me putting on my boots

Snowmobile me before putting on my helmet and goggles

Snowmobile me ready to go

Below are some wonderful pictures we took plus you can see the different types of signs that are on the trails. A lot of volunteers spend their time maintaining the signage and trails as they need to be groomed.

Snowmobile pictures on the trail 12

Snowmobile pictures on the trail 11

Snowmobile pictures on the trail 10

Snowmobile pictures on the trail 9

Snowmobile pictures on the trail 8

Snowmobile pictures on the trail 7

Snowmobile pictures on the trail 6

Snowmobile pictures on the trail 5

Snowmobile pictures on the trail 4

Snowmobile pictures on the trail 3

Snowmobile pictures on the trail 2

Snowmobile pictures on the trail 1

Check out some of our other fun adventures! A few links are below and more outdoor fun can be located using the “Fun Stuff” link on the left-hand side of the main page.
New Hampshire Hiking Trip: Glen Ellis Falls
Mount Washington NH
Disc Golf, Fall & Leaves!
NH Hiking Trip to Ripley Falls
Our first NHRA drag racing event! – Part 1
Thunder on the Niagara 2012

33 thoughts on “My First Snowmobile Ride of 2013!

1. Cindy Green says:

Looks like an amazing way to spend the day (or two)!

Yes Cindy – it is fun! It is nice being outside – we get tired of being indoors. Winter can be long so it is nice to have a few activities.

It was fun Kristah – I love being outside. Luckily I invested in the proper clothing because it was cold but it was a dry air – which is nice. A lot of people arrived after us because the weather is getting warmer and the snow will melt. Today it is raining! And tomorrow it might snow!

2. rimassolosailingaroundtheworldm says:

Thank you for such a beautiful photos

Your welcome. It was such a beautiful morning! I wish I could have gotten a few videos but the trails can be a bit bumpy making it difficult.

3. Sheryl says:

A young colleague at work says that winter goes faster if you “embrace it”. Snowmobiling looks like an awesome way to embrace winter.

That is true Sheryl. I am not a winter person but if you can embrace it and find a winter activity it does help pass the time. Plus I love being outside and yesterday morning was just perfect. It was 14 degrees F but it was not bitter cold.

4. cindy knoke says:

I have never ridden on a snow mobile. It looks like so much fun!!

It is fun Cindy! Plus it helps having some winter activities to pass the time. The fresh air was nice as the temperatures were not frigid.

Thanks we had a good time. As long as you have the proper clothing and the trails are groomed. There were a lot of fathers taking their children out yesterday – it was nice to see.

5. This looks like so much fun, Bernice!! Wow, love the pictures, couldn’t help but ‘pin’ them:)

Thanks Peri! It was a lot of fun and nice to get out on a winter morning. It was very pretty. I am paying for it today as the ride can be a bit rough!

6. LizzieJoy says:

What an adventure, Bernice!! And a brilliant series of photos. I almost felt I was there with you. Thank you, dear friend.

Thank you Lizzie for the compliments! I am glad you enjoyed them. We had a good time and hopefully will get out when it snows again. Most likely we will go somewhere different and if we do, I will post those pictures.

7. Kimberly Konkol says:

I have never been snowmobiling and we live in Minnesota! 🙂 You make it sound like so much fun! I love your photo with the snow on the trees – beautiful!

Thank you! It was such a beautiful morning! It was bitter cold, but with the proper clothing you are toasty warm! We had rain earlier this week so the snow is gone. Hopefully we will get out again and I can post pictures from a different location. Have a wonderful day! Bernice 🙂

1. Kimberly Konkol says:

I would love to see more pictures! Have a wonderful day too!

Thanks! I will definitely post them. Now we need some snow – which is an odd statement to be making in Buffalo New York. Normally we get too much snow. 🙂

3. Kimberly Konkol says:

That’s how it was here last year. This year we seem to making up for last year. 🙂

2010 was our bad year for a lot of snow. Now we are getting a break. 🙂

5. Kimberly Konkol says:

🙂

8. nursefrugal says:

Looks gorgeous……but entirely too cold for me…..I’m spoiled with the weather in Southern Cali 😉

Yes, it would be too cold for you! Southern Cali sounds wonderful!! 🙂

9. marviiilous says:

Don’t get lost! 🙂

That is a good point. Luckily we have a map and the trails are clearly marked. 🙂

10. Beautiful! We love in So Calif. –80 degrees today. and no snow.

So Calif – how nice! I would love 80’s right now. Thanks for stopping by. Bernice 🙂

11. dawnspitfire says:

Whoa…flashbacks. Blast from the past!
    I raised my kids on a farm in Michigan and every winter we were on snowmobiles or horses! Was awesome. They’re so grateful!

That is wonderful! It was a beautiful day – the air was dry which was nice. It made the 14 degrees feel a lot warmer!

12. Looks like a wonderful day! Thank you for stopping by my blog.

It was a great way to spend a winter day! Definitely something different to do plus the views were beautiful.