Valentine Covered Picture

For Valentine’s Day I wanted a simple dessert that you can make with ingredients you enjoy based upon a simple approach. Select a cake/brownie mix, fruit, topping, and decorative items. From the ingredients I selected, which are described below, I made four presentations. This approach is a lot of fun allowing you to be creative and I imagine would be fun for children to participate in putting together the desserts.

For my cake mixture, I selected a double chocolate brownie mix and sugar-free, fat-free instant vanilla pudding for a topping. While my brownies were baking, I mixed my pudding and placed into the refrigerator to set. Instead of a cake pan, I used a mini-cupcake pan to reduce having crumbs in my dessert from slicing the brownies. It was so much easier working with the mini brownies and they present nicely. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a final picture of them and now it is too late since I ate them! When I make cornbread for my Super Bowl Chili, I use the mini-muffin pan and you can see how nicely they present if you click on the link.

Valentine Brownies Jello

The strawberries looked beautiful plus they make a nice decorative item. Another good option are red raspberries.

Valentine Strawberries

For a decorative touch plus added flavor and texture I purchased: Red Hots Cinnamon Hearts, Sweethearts, and Valentine Sixlets that is basically chocolate candy covered to look like pearls.

Valentine Candy

Frozen whipped topping sounded like a good idea, plus I had a dark chocolate bar left from when we tested Yonanas. I dipped a few strawberries in the dark chocolate and I used it for shavings to top some of my desserts. White chocolate would also work nicely against the dark brownies.

Valentine Whipped Topping

I got out a couple of serving glasses plus purchased cupcake liners and heart doilies. In my pantry I had a jar of red sprinkles left from Christmas, which added a nice decorative touch to one of my desserts. Plus I used the sprinkles with one of the chocolate covered strawberries. Though I like the look of the chocolate covered strawberries without the sprinkles. But you never know until you try!

Valentine Glasses presentation

From those ingredients I made the below desserts. I like the portion control by using the mini-cupcake pan for my brownies. If you prefer larger servings you can add a couple of brownies or make them in a pan and slice larger portions. Depending upon the ingredients selected, there are a lot of wonderful combinations to create. The below presentation would work well on a larger platter where guests can help themselves to a variety of treats! It would make a pretty centerpiece!

Valentine With cupcake liners and two choclate covered strawberries

Valentine Single Brownie with candy and chocolate covered strawberry

Valentine Ice Cream Bowl

Valentine in a glass

26 thoughts on “Make Your Own Valentine’s Day Dessert!

1. Friday Nimh says:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Over a PA system

Thank you! They were fun to make and eat!

2. Sheryl says:

mmm–The Valentine dessert is beautiful and sounds delicious.

Thank you. I love brownies – especially chewy one! So this was an easy and fun dessert for me to make.

3. Fantastic idea!! I love this.
    -JulieC

Thank you – I was hoping people would embrace it and make it their own. I believe the possibilities are endless! Plus you can often use ingredients you have in your pantry. I had the fat-free sugar-free pudding plus other ingredients purchased previously. Have a great day! Bernice

4. These are great! Love all the possibilities! 🙂
    Kenley

Thanks so much! I could have kept going if I did not eat the brownies! 🙂

5. collection80 says:

Reblogged this on Collection's Blog and commented:
    Buatlah hari valentin berkesan dengan orang yang dikasihi

Thank you for reblogging my Valentine’s Day dessert on your blog. I hope you and your readers enjoyed it! Have a great day. Bernice

6. Mitzie Mee says:

What a LOVEly dessert….perfect for Valentine’s day:)

Thank you – we did enjoy it! 🙂

7. lemoncake says:

Thanks for visiting my blog and liking my post! This dessert looks so yummy 🙂

Thank you! I had fun making it… and eating it! 🙂

8. Mary says:

Thanks for the like on my light fettucine post. Love your photos and dessert 🙂

Your welcome – the recipe looks really good! And thank you for stopping by. This was a fun dessert to make – anything with brownies I love. 🙂

1. Mary says:

me too 🙂

9. Thanks for liking my chocolate blog! I TOTALLY agree that there is a time to create a masterpiece “from scratch” — but there are also times when you need a “wow” dessert that won’t leave you still standing there in jammies and a t-shirt when your guest(s) arrive. Food is a fabulous palate to play with! Yes–Here is to joyously playing with our food! Keep up the great creativity!

Thank you! I agree. We need to have some fun with our recipes and everything does not have to be labor intensive. It is nice to put something together quickly for guest or to take into work as a nice treat for everyone. 🙂

10. These are so creatively done and so delicious looking! Yum! Thanks for the “like” on my post ” Spontaneous Creativity”!

Your welcome. They were fun to make and of course fun to eat! They did not last long as I adore brownies!!

11. I like the idea of the “portion control” with using the mini baking pan! Unfortunately, I’d probably have 2 or 3. We’re are snowed in and will be doing a little baking around these parts tomorrow (and sledding). I love all the gorgeous colors in your Valentine’s Day dessert and it would be a fun kitchen project for kids.

It really would be a lot of fun for children. So colorful and they can be creative with paper hearts and fun candy. I must admit I am the same…. the mini portions turn into several!! Plus I just adore brownies – especially if they are chewy.