Sour Cream Cookies final picture

This is another Christmas cookie that my mom made this year and has made since I was a child. When I was a child, this cookie felt like it was made for adults in comparison to Mama’s Peanut Blossom Kisses and other fun kid cookies. Over the years, I have a new appreciation for this cookie as it is lighter in texture and goes great with a cup of tea. I had this cookie with a cup of Chai Latte’ which is the tea in the picture. Also the cookie is topped with cinnamon, which I just adore. Perhaps this cookie started my love affair with cinnamon and spices!

Cookie Dough Ingredients
2 cup Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 cup Butter
3/4 cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 cup Sour Cream

Cinnamon Topping
1/4 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Cinnamon

Sift the flour, salt, and baking soda into a bowl and put aside. In your mixer cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg. Add dry ingredients while alternating with the sour cream. Blend until smooth. In a separate bowl mix the sugar and cinnamon for the topping.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Drop the cookie dough by the teaspoon onto the cookie sheet. Sprinkle the cinnamon topping over the cookies. Bake for about 12 minutes. Let cool slightly then move to a cooling rack.

Sour cream cookie upclose

13 thoughts on “Mama’s Sour Cream Drop Cookies

1. kanzensakura says:

These look like the kind of cookie I adore – not too sweet, short, and you don’t have to roll them out! I think I will try with a sprinkle of mace. thank you!

Yes, they are a great cookie. I think they are one of the easiest to make. Only a few ingredients and you drop them on the cookie pan. No need for any icing because whatever you decide to sprinkle on top of them is your icing. I hope you enjoy them if you decide to make them. 🙂

2. cindy knoke says:

Yum! I’d like 2 dozen please!

They are on their way! 🙂

3. I like your new theme! Very nice and your moms grown up cookies sound grand. Take care, BAM

Thanks for checking out my new theme – it was time for a change. The cookies are really good with a cup of tea or other hot beverage. You do not feel like you have taken in too many calories or sugar. 🙂

4. mydearbakes says:

I love this post, It’s Yummy! =)

Thanks so much – they are a great cookie to eat. A nice, light cookie. Plus I love cinnamon. 🙂

5. Thank You so much for visiting …you have a wonderful space here…I’m totally hooked to this space.Keep up the good work.

Thank you so much for your kind words! Have a wonderful day! Bernice

6. Yum. I’m going to give these a try! I might make them tomorrow and sprinkle with pink colored sugar. Thanks for the recipe.

That would be so festive! I never thought of that. This is one of the things I love about blogging – I get creative ideas from other people! Have a wonderful day! Bernice