This is a quick recipe to make a healthy, delicious side dish! It takes about 5-minutes to prepare the yams and 15-minutes to grill them. We love making grilled yams after work when we do not have much time to prepare and cook dinner. Yams have great flavor and are a healthy alternative to white potatoes. I hope you enjoy this easy-to-make recipe!

Ingredients
4 Medium Yams, washed and trim ends
Non-stick spray
Summer Savory herbs, optional
Honey, for serving

Oil Mixture
2 Tbsp Olive Oil and/or Grapeseed Oil
Assorted herbs such as rosemary, thyme, parsley
Minced Garlic

Tips
You can use basting oil that already has the herbs and spices mixed together. I like to mix the yams with the oil mixture in a sealed container. That way you can shake the yams and oil mixture together to better coat them. Plus you will use less of the oil mixture!

Preparation
Prepare oil mixture. Slice yams into wedges and mix with the oil mixture. Coat the grill grate lightly with non-stick spray. Grill 15 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.

Sprinkle summer savory spice over yams while they are grilling. This is optional but adds more flavor. Serve the grilled yams hot with honey!

12 thoughts on “Grilled Yams

Thank you! They are easy to make which is nice after a busy day at work.

1. Victoria says:

It’s almost time to get the grill out and fired up. I think the grill will be meeting some of these gems! :)

We are just starting to grill. The yams are fabulous on the grill! I made a mango chutney over the weekend that went well with grilled chicken. I will need to post it over the next week.

2. pfcsystems says:

I love them too! Easy and delicious. My old dog enjoys them as well!

We had them today for dinner. So quick and easy after work – especially when you are tired! It is always interesting what dogs like to eat sometimes. :)

3. The honey would be a nice touch on these! These look so good and I may just bookmark this to do in the fall with a Sunday roast. I’d probably cut up leftover potatoes and put them on a salad for lunch. Thanks for a great recipe!

That sounds like a wonderful Sunday dinner for a cool fall day. I also like adding the left overs to a nice salad the next day. :)

Reblogged this on Realistic Cooking Ideas for Busy People and commented:

This is a really simple recipe for grilled yams and sweet potatoes and is a staple for us during grilling season. We love making this side dish with just about anything that we are grilling. You can cut the yams/sweet potatoes thick or even thin to be more like “sweet potato fries” without deep-frying them. Plus the thinner you slice them the quicker they will grill! Enjoy!!

5. alifemoment says:

I love this recipe,I have never cooked Yams before but will definitely try this! :)

Baked yams are also excellent! Mashed like mashed potatoes is also great!

Now it is time for us to chat and it is your turn! What is on your mind? I am listening.....

mihran Kalaydjian

“I'm a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn't have the heart to let him down.”

How the Cookie Crumbles

An irreverant view of life after SIXTY-FIVE

Visualized Recipes

Logical Cooking

Chitra's Healthy Kitchen

Recipes for healthy living

AngelineM's Blog

A little BIT OF THE EVERY DAY............A good writer is basically a story teller, not a scholar or a redeemer of mankind. - Isaac Bashevis Singer

Sourcerer

Music - Comics - Television - Photos

Miscellaneous Musings of a Middle-Aged Mind

A creative outlet for Norm 2.0

dobetteralways

Welcome to the Monkey House

Part Time Monster

Nerd. Girl. Monster(s)

Container Chronicles

my favorite things in one favorite spot

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,147 other followers