I adopted this easy to make Yams recipe from my mother. She has an easy approach to making yams that retains their natural flavor. I added a little cinnamon and nutmeg to my version. However, you could try different spices or just make them with a little butter or olive oil. I hope you enjoy this recipe and thanks for stopping by!

Ingredients
2 – 3 Yams, washed
Butter or Olive Oil
Cinnamon
Nutmeg

Tips
You can boil the yams ahead of time, store in the refrigerator, and peel when ready to use them!

Preparation
Boil the whole yams in water until cooked through. Cool them in the refrigerator and they will be easier to peel. The skin will pretty much fall off. Peel and slice the yams. Melt a little butter in a frying pan and add the yams. Sprinkle a little cinnamon and nutmeg and brown. Turn yams over so both sides brown. Serve warm with my Moms Baked Parmesan Chicken and enjoy!!

11 thoughts on “Mom’s Easy to Make Yams

Thank you. It is a great recipe and they are delish and so easy to make! I hope you enjoy them – plus you can put your own spin on them!

1. Great idea! Once in a while I add a tablespoon of maple syrup to my serving. (Being from New England!)

That sounds wonderful! I will have to try that next time I make them.

2. Sheryl says:

They sound delicious. I’m going to have to try this recipe. I really like this type of easy-to-make, old-fashioned recipe.

Thanks Sheryl. It is so simple but yet very good. I like that I can make the Yams ahead of time and then just do the final preparation for dinner. I hope you enjoy it. :)

3. That looks delicious, and so simple to make. It reminds me a bit of fried plantain to which I used to add just a little salt….

Thank you. Sometimes the simple recipes are the best. I really want to make plantains – I had them once and they were really good!

4. Ashlee says:

Hey There. I found your blog the usage of msn.
    This is an extremely smartly written article. I will be sure too bookmark it and return to rad extra of
    your helpful information. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely comeback.

Thank you Ashlee! Let me know if you have any questions. Happy cooking!

Now it is time for us to chat and it is your turn! What is on your mind? I am listening.....

mihran Kalaydjian

“I'm a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn't have the heart to let him down.”

How the Cookie Crumbles

An irreverant view of life after SIXTY-FIVE

Visualized Recipes

Logical Cooking

Chitra's Healthy Kitchen

Recipes for healthy living

AngelineM's Blog

A little BIT OF THE EVERY DAY............A good writer is basically a story teller, not a scholar or a redeemer of mankind. - Isaac Bashevis Singer

Sourcerer

Music - Comics - Television - Photos

Miscellaneous Musings of a Middle-Aged Mind

A creative outlet for Norm 2.0

dobetteralways

Welcome to the Monkey House

Part Time Monster

Nerd. Girl. Monster(s)

Container Chronicles

my favorite things in one favorite spot

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,144 other followers